Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Critique my spec

worsy

Critique my spec

Post by worsy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 am

I have a couple of weeks before lock down.

F15 X5 xDrive40d M Sport
Carbon Black
Ivory White/Black Dakota Leather

Options
Night Vision with dynamic light spot
Adaptive Headlights
High-beam Assistant
Night Vision with pedestrian recognition
ConnectedDrive Services package
Information Plus
Remote Services
Cold weather package
Steering wheel heating
Seat heating, rear
20" Y-spoke style 451 alloy wheels
Sport automatic transmission
Adaptive M suspension
Comfort Access
Reversing Assist camera
3AT Roof rails, matt aluminium
3MB Exterior trim, matt aluminium
Panoramic glass sunroof
Sun protection glass
Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
Comfort seats, front
Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
Aluminium Hexagon interior trim
Driving Assistant
Head-up Display
Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
M Steering Wheel
M aerodynamic bodystyling
Headlining, Anthracite
Speed limit display

kenniff

Re: Critique my spec

Post by kenniff » Tue May 06, 2014 11:09 am

well i'd personally add the surround camera option, otherwise my only differences are that I wouldnt go for the black and white interior and I would go for the shodowline trim and black roofrails instead of the contrast you've selected. Horses for courses I guess.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

worsy

Post by worsy » Tue May 06, 2014 11:20 am

I have all those on my E70 now, so this is to differentiate :) I don't use the surround view.

Assume you would go Black/Black interior?

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 am

yes, but then i have 2 kids and a dog :)

I had the shadowline / black roof rails on my dark blue E70, but to differentiate on the new f15 I went for graphite grey body colour. If you've seen it and liked it then go for it. What's delivery timescale?
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

gobiman

Post by gobiman » Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Very interesting - I am in the process of speccing up a very similar combo albeit an X3 35D - for London I am better with an X3 rather than X5. Going for carbon black.
I like the idea of contrasting aluminium window surrounds and rails as carbon black (albeit bluey in sunlight) is pretty dark. I am torn between oyster and ivory for the leather. Why did you go ivory?
I like the spec - particularly the night vision kit. That isn't available on the X3 but I can get LED headlamps.
Given you have cold weather package, do you not want the auxiliary heater? I will definitely spec this on the X3 - a great bit of kit for skiing/winter mornings.
Otherwise a big thumbs up from me!
4.8iS 2004 Le Mans Blue
Z1 1989 Top Red
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

worsy

Post by worsy » Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 pm

[quote="kenniff"]
yes, but then i have 2 kids and a dog :)

I had the shadowline / black roof rails on my dark blue E70, but to differentiate on the new f15 I went for graphite grey body colour. If you've seen it and liked it then go for it. What's delivery timescale?
[/quote]

No dog here :) The M Sport is Space Grey and I've not super keen on it tbh. I did consider the Mineral White but the colour appears to make the wheels look tiny. Delivery is estimated as Wk 1 July.

[quote="gobiman"]
Very interesting - I am in the process of speccing up a very similar combo albeit an X3 35D - for London I am better with an X3 rather than X5. Going for carbon black.
I like the idea of contrasting aluminium window surrounds and rails as carbon black (albeit bluey in sunlight) is pretty dark. I am torn between oyster and ivory for the leather. Why did you go ivory?
I like the spec - particularly the night vision kit. That isn't available on the X3 but I can get LED headlamps.
Given you have cold weather package, do you not want the auxiliary heater? I will definitely spec this on the X3 - a great bit of kit for skiing/winter mornings.
Otherwise a big thumbs up from me!
[/quote]

Yup, I have black with black rails, black grille etc now and whilst it looks aggressive, I quite like the alu surround look.

Oyster is not an option on the X5.

Car is kept in the garage so aux heater might be unused. I am thinking of the ACC though. The wife's GTI Golf has it (as standard :() and is a great feature.

gobiman

Post by gobiman » Tue May 06, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm going for the variable dampers on the X3.
I'm lucky (for Chelsea) that I can park outside my house but it's still outside - hence the heater!
Good luck with it  - look forward to seeing some pics.
4.8iS 2004 Le Mans Blue
Z1 1989 Top Red
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

worsy

Post by worsy » Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 am

[quote="gobiman"]
I'm going for the variable dampers on the X3.
I'm lucky (for Chelsea) that I can park outside my house but it's still outside - hence the heater!
Good luck with it  - look forward to seeing some pics.
[/quote]

Am out in the sticks (Shropshire) so plenty of room for garages and such :) Did consider the X3 but the price difference is close once you start getting going on the options :o

Have added Enhanced Bluetooth. Weighing up dropping the night visions and adding Driving Assistant Plus but not sure I want to enjoy traffic jams!

sramsay

Post by sramsay » Thu May 08, 2014 9:09 pm

On my E70, two of my favs are Aux heating and dynamic cruise control. Is the latter part of the Driving Assistance Plus package?

worsy

Post by worsy » Fri May 09, 2014 8:35 am

Yup, active stop and go.