Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

factory defected engine BMW X5F17

madik

factory defected engine BMW X5F17

Post by madik » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:52 am

Hello to all members.
Have a negative experience with BMW X5 F17. 5.0 petrol
After 6 months of owning engine halted. Official distributor says "factory defected engine"  and "new engine will be installed"
Question is:
Whether BMW is mostly famous with its engine, is it permissible for the factory to allow the car to be supplied to the distributor's showroom for  sell???
Can I claim a compensation or change to the brad new car in this case?
Please advise me how to behave and is there any point to claim a court for mental compensation also as I was driving this car when the engine suddenly started to twitching making the car to hoist 

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: factory defected engine BMW X5F17

Post by X5Sport » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Depends upon the local laws.  Where are you?  UK or overseas?

It's under warranty and lasted 6 months.  It depends upon the actual fault.  Electrical or mechanical issue?  I think if it's less than 6 months (in the UK) you can demand a new one, beyond that it's at the manufacturers discretion.

As for compensation for mental impact - you would have to prove it.  Again that's down to local laws and local courts.  I doubt you'd get far if in the UK as the manufacturer is being reasonable and replacing the parts.  And that's all they are obligated to do.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi and welcome, sorry it's on a sour note.  Have you had continuing problems with the engine from the start?  If so then I would say the way you were treated by the dealer could be questioned, however if the engine just failed, then given that they have put their hands up and excepted that what ever failed is a result of the build process, then I say well done to both the dealer and BMW for dealing with the issue head on. 

As for compensation, I would say that is down to how you have been treated.  If in the best case the dealer has supplied a decent replacement car and minimum hassle to you then I personally wouldn't be too bothered about claiming.  If you feel you have been poorly treated then go get them, but be aware that any claims can take time, cost a lot in solicitors fees and cause a lot of heart ache and frustration.  That advice is given on the understanding that I have no idea about your local laws.

Don

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:44 am

[quote="X5Sport"]

[/quote]

The flag says Azerbaijan ...
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:38 am

Sanj's says India, but he's not there....

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 am

I wonder if the OP didn't get he answer he was hoping for?  Ask a question and then forget about it.......

Don

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:14 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
[/quote]

1-0  ;)
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
[/quote]

Yours says England and you defo aren't all there !!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Yeah, but these pills do help....... :P :)) :crazy1: :hypo: :blush: 

madik

Post by madik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:20 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]

It's under warranty and lasted 6 months.  It depends upon the actual fault.  Electrical or mechanical issue?  I think if it's less than 6 months (in the UK) you can demand a new one, beyond that it's at the manufacturers discretion.

As for compensation for mental impact - you would have to prove it.  Again that's down to local laws and local courts.  I doubt you'd get far if in the UK as the manufacturer is being reasonable and replacing the parts.  And that's all they are obligated to do.
[/quote]

I reside out of the UK. Car purchased from official distributor. Thank you for advice.
Is it possible let's say a brand new car with 30% discount as a compensation. I would sell my one and buy the new one

madik

Post by madik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:27 pm

[quote="Don Coffey"]
Hi and welcome, sorry it's on a sour note.  Have you had continuing problems with the engine from the start?  If so then I would say the way you were treated by the dealer could be questioned, however if the engine just failed, then given that they have put their hands up and excepted that what ever failed is a result of the build process, then I say well done to both the dealer and BMW for dealing with the issue head on. 

As for compensation, I would say that is down to how you have been treated.  If in the best case the dealer has supplied a decent replacement car and minimum hassle to you then I personally wouldn't be too bothered about claiming.  If you feel you have been poorly treated then go get them, but be aware that any claims can take time, cost a lot in solicitors fees and cause a lot of heart ache and frustration.  That advice is given on the understanding that I have no idea about your local laws.

Don
[/quote]

The problem started when the mileage was about 1000 km. The service said that this is typical problem for the 8 cylinders BMW engines. Of course, they did acquire that this is the result of the build process,  I mean the factory's output problem.
I was supplied with the car for the period when the engine will be changed and replaced. But should drive a brand new car with replaced engine? Maybe this is a sign about problems supposed to be in the future?
I do not wish to claim a court, I just want to ask them a discount of 30%-40% for the next BMW car, as I am planning to sell this car and buy new one

madik

Post by madik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:28 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
[quote="X5Sport"]

[/quote]

The flag says Azerbaijan ...
[/quote]

Exactly. Azerbaijan  :) :camera:

madik

Post by madik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Please maybe someone knows the contact details or e-mail addresses whom I can apply for the claim. I mean I want to send an e mail and claim at least compensation of 30-40% for the next purchase at BMW. I would sell this car and buy a new one with the proper discount as a compensation.

If anybody could assist me in letter composing I would really be happy and get closer to achieve my goal

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

You are going to have to deal with BMW in Azerbaijan.  No one in the UK will be able to offer advice as we don't know your local law. We can offer only the thinnest advice based on UK Law which is different.  Have a look for BMW Customer Service locally. 

The only BMW contacts I can find are all written in your local typescript which I cannot read.  However 'Improtex' keeps showing in search results.

Good luck

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Good luck, you will need it if you think they will give you 30-40% discount.  Although the V8s aren't that popular over here, they are very popular in the USA and I for one haven't heard about any 'known problems'.  BMW will feel that giving you a new engine is as good as it gets.  Had you had to suffer for a year or so before BMW finally admitted a problem then you can expect discount of some sort, but you don't seem to have really be put out that much.

Don