Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat nav traffic flow indication

kenniff

Re: Sat nav traffic flow indication

Post by kenniff » Tue May 05, 2015 10:55 am

And the good news is... I went for a trip at the weekend and my weather widgets and RTTI were all present and correct - although the uselessness of the BMW "Professional" sat nav continues to amaze me. It really is counter-intuitive and clunky. We were trying to ge to a reasonably local park and once in the car tried and failed numerous times to search for the location on the sat nav. In the end I gave my wife my phone and she directed me courtesy of google maps.
Yes, I know I shouldve fired up the pc at home and then sent the info to the car. THAT is a good feature (but seemingly impossible from an ipad). I also couldve used the feature in the car that lets you ring someone up who send the directions to the car - but that doesnt change the fact that it should just plain be EASIER to use the sat nav in the car. C'mon BMW.

...or is it just me? :blink:
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sat nav traffic flow indication

Post by X5Sport » Wed May 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Google Maps 'Send to Car' from the iPad was locked out by Apple a couple of years back....possibly a spat about Android?

You can however do it via the BMW Remote App.  It uses the same log in as your Connected Account.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.