Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Legal advice Please help....

General off-topic chat.
kjb1

Re: Legal advice Please help....

Post by kjb1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm

really Lez?? How much to Join them?

Sent from my iPhone

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm

[quote="lezmtaylor"]
Join'' Which'' legal services, doesn't cost much and they were brilliant when my honeymoon resort was a disaster.

Lez
[/quote]

Did you join after the disaster or before?

Sent from my iPhone

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:06 pm

You say you don't have a choice but to pay him, it's quite the opposite, you have every reason not to pay him.
I know you're supposed to let them try and rectify things, but they actually allowed you, if not, told you to drive it away in an "unsafe" way, and after the state the vehicle was in when you went to collect it I think we can safely say that very few people would let them get anywhere near it again.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 am

I was a member of 'Which'',costs about £6 per month and when the honeymoon went wrong  I joined the legal side another £6 , give them a ring and ask for help.
I joined the legal side after the disaster.(I got £1000 back from Thomas Cook, this was 9 years ago),
They told me how to word the correspondence, who to write to etc, led me through the whole process.
You can always cancel your membership after they have helped !!!!!

Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:31 am

ok I'm on it!!

Sent from my iPhone

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:36 pm

[quote="lezmtaylor"]
I was a member of 'Which'',costs about £6 per month and when the honeymoon went wrong  I joined the legal side another £6 , give them a ring and ask for help.
I joined the legal side after the disaster.(I got £1000 back from Thomas Cook, this was 9 years ago),
They told me how to word the correspondence, who to write to etc, led me through the whole process.
You can always cancel your membership after they have helped !!!!!

Lez
[/quote]

Lez,

Just joined, they had an offer on and as I only needed consumer advice it was £20 a year!! they are calling me tomorrow now.  So hopefully it will be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Professional advice for £20 sounds like a good deal to me.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:31 am

Brilliant , hope it all works out.

Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

kjb1

Legal advice Please help....

Post by kjb1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:55 pm

spoken with lawyer from which

Sent from my iPhone
Last edited by kjb1 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubbabear

Post by bubbabear » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:56 pm

I would expect comp for paint and software damage
X5 xdrive30d sport 2012, past E39 530i sport touring , e46 330ci.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 pm

[quote="kjb1"]
spoken with lawyer from which, they seem to think the most I can claim is solely for the paint damage!! and no compensation for the damage etc!! rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone
[/quote]

I do find this advice a little disturbing, but all is not lost, seeing as the car is new, insist that the damage to the bodywork is done by the dealership themselves, or who ever they use.
Basically not just a smart repair, ( not sure why they call them that, as most are not very smart ), but for a proper body shop repair which is backed up by a warranty by the dealership/manufacturer, seeing as most cars have some sort of bodywork warranty nowadays you don't want to lose that.
That should cover a good part of your costs, and at least you'll have a car that is 100% correct, and you won't have to pay the bodgers a penny, or maybe just a few.

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:50 pm

I'd just keep e mailing him for now he will  back down eventually I can't see him taking you to court,mine took weeks back and forth him offering £250 me saying nope want the full £350.
When all said and done he really left your car un drivable,try not to let it "wind" you up to much I think he will back down.
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 pm

[quote="Reusch"]
I'd just keep e mailing him for now he will  back down eventually I can't see him taking you to court,mine took weeks back and forth him offering £250 me saying nope want the full £350.
When all said and done he really left your car un drivable,try not to let it "wind" you up to much I think he will back down.
[/quote]

Exactly, don't worry too much about court etc etc, just let him sweat a bit, but keep it sensible and always have a copy of any correspondence.
Now, you know it's Friday, and it's a good time to go open that nice bottle of red, ( or whatever takes your fancy ), let it breathe for a little, or decant it and drink straight away, sit down, be nice to your partner, ( trying to be correct ), and get ready for enders, lol.
I myself have a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz waiting for my attention, and of course a lovely home made curry cooked by swmbo.
Relax and have a lovely weekend.

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:53 pm

^+1
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks gents, sound advice on both counts.  Next step is the recorded delivery letter, with an offer of what I feel the job was worth, I refuse to pay him full price, so as mentioned, if we can meet at a middle ground then so be it.  Time to de stress and forget about it for a few days.  Car is still my pride n joy, and with the arrival of the new caravan, its time to start thinking of the good times myself, wife and the two little ones are going to have!! ( if this weather ever turns good that is )

Will keep you posted how I get on.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone