Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wiring a Resler interface

How-To articles ONLY go here.
nujon

Wiring a Resler interface

Post by nujon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 am

I am in the process of preparing to install an Intravee II and i-pod interface via the Alpine i-pod module. To this end I have made up a three-legged harness (using BMW supplied iBus cable lengths, pins and socket cases) one leg to connect my made up harness to the my vehicle's IBus plug as used by the original BMW CDC, the second leg  to connect to the Intravee - and the third to provide for occasional connection to a Resler V6 interface.

My query regards correct wiring of the Resler which is supplied with solid white, solid brown, solid red and solid violet tails. My vehicle's iBus plug for the original BMW CDC has three connecting wires - one solid brown, one red/white stripped and one white/yellow stripped. I guess the brown in either case is Ground but I am unsure about the other wires (i.e. does white/yellow and red/white equal solid white and solid red respectively as far as the Resler is concerned) - have not a clue what the purple Resler wire if for!

Can anyone advise please?  :)

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Wiring a Resler interface

Post by jaynana » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 am

I've used the Reslers USB version with my E53.

Wiring was:

Red: +12V
Brown: -/Ground
White: IBUS
Green: NTSC/Video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: BMW 640i Convertible (320PS)
             Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 T FSI quattro (300 PS) SE STronic  8)
Previous: BMW X5 E53 Facelift 3.0d