Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

webasto heater.............how do i get it to defrost the car

How-To articles ONLY go here.
the shreksta

webasto heater.............how do i get it to defrost the car

Post by the shreksta » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:09 pm

my 2004 3.0d has the webasto heater which i can hear humming after i unlock the car, what is it doing?

how can i set it to defrost my windscreen and pre-heat my engine?

many thanks

matt

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: webasto heater.............how do i get it to defrost the car

Post by X5Sport » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:51 pm

You need to enable Auxiliary Heating.  There is a long thread somewhere on here about it....and the options you have.

If you can get hold of a Webasto T60/70/80 or T90 module and key fob then it is plug and play.  Module goes in the boot where there is an existing socket in the electronics bay.  You can then turn it on/off with the remote.  There are DIY solutions however you need to ensure that those don't kill the battery!  The proper version monitors both battery and fuel state and shuts down if either are low.

The Webasto control modules are getting rarer and are not cheap.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
You need to enable Auxiliary Heating.  There is a long thread somewhere on here about it....and the options you have.

If you can get hold of a Webasto T60/70/80 or T90 module and key fob then it is plug and play.  Module goes in the boot where there is an existing socket in the electronics bay.  You can then turn it on/off with the remote.  There are DIY solutions however you need to ensure that those don't kill the battery!  The proper version monitors both battery and fuel state and shuts down if either are low.

The Webasto control modules are getting rarer and are not cheap.
[/quote]

ok buddy thanks for the input

X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by X5-D-Sport » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Richard X5-Sport...

I've just picked up this old thread... re Telestart T90 Devices...

Just to confirm....
So, the receiver will simply plug into the vehicle in an existing E53 D-Sport, and the remote will activate it... ??
Plug and Play... that simple ?

Does the device auto de-activate when the vehicle is started & stay off until remote activated again ?

I'm pondering getting one over the summer when they may be cheaper on Flea-Bay...
I found a module & remote for £90 each.... and it would be a nice luxury to power up the Webasto an hr before leaving for work on a frosty morning & have a frost free vehicle & "warmer" engine from cold.

Thanks in advance
Grant B

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:22 pm

From what I remember then it is plug and play.  I don't remember anyone saying it needs coding in, but that looooooonnnngggg thread may say different.

The OEM (Telestart) system does monitor fuel level and battery voltage and shut down if either fall below the predefined limits.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by X5-D-Sport » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks again Richard Sire.
Grant B