Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

speaker upgrade

How-To articles ONLY go here.
kena

Re: speaker upgrade

Post by kena » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:59 am

[quote=""Turks""]

Hi Ken,

Did you have the DSP in your 4.8is?

Turks.[/quote]

No I only had the basic system and as you probably know it was s :censored: te. So i had it all replaced.
For a vehicle which costs over 60k new i can't understand why BMW put such poor equipment in them. :?

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 am

[quote=""millerman1ac""]cheers sanj - ill look into it..

might be a little out my depth though withs amps and stuff!! lol[/quote]

It's not that difficult when you actually come to do it mate.I had never fitted an amp before myself so Sanj and Pewterts were gonna sort it out for me but me being me couldn't wait untill we hooked up so i was a have a go hereo :D and it wasn't that hard to do.
A bit of tinternet research and a few links later i was in the boot snipping wires :o :rofl:
Try this link for starters and the lads will be able to help with any techy stuff about which amp to get :thumbsup:
linky........http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/produ ... Subwoofer/
it's a bit long winded but click on the vid's and take a look this is all i needed to sort mine out :thumbsup: HTH
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 am

[quote=""kena""][quote=""Turks""]

Hi Ken,

Turks.[/quote]

No I only had the basic system and as you probably know it was s :censored: te. So i had it all replaced.
For a vehicle which costs over 60k new i can't understand why BMW put such poor equipment in them. :?[/quote]

I was sure that all 4.8is came with the 10 Speaker Hi-Fi as standard... the only option was to have the Upgrade of DSP which gave you the Subs and the Digital Sound Processor?

I'll check when I get home as I have a copy of the original Sales brochure.

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

millerman1ac

Post by millerman1ac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

[quote=""x555""][quote=""millerman1ac""]cheers sanj - ill look into it..

It's not that difficult when you actually come to do it mate.I had never fitted an amp before myself so Sanj and Pewterts were gonna sort it out for me but me being me couldn't wait untill we hooked up so i was a have a go hereo :D and it wasn't that hard to do.
A bit of tinternet research and a few links later i was in the boot snipping wires :o :rofl:
Try this link for starters and the lads will be able to help with any techy stuff about which amp to get :thumbsup:
it's a bit long winded but click on the vid's and take a look this is all i needed to sort mine out :thumbsup: HTH[/quote]

cheers bud, will have a look and see what i think 8-)
2004 4.4 Sport Black with Black

1998 Suzuki TL1000R, power commander, ART cans, K & N, TRE

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote=""millerman1ac""][quote=""x555""][quote=""millerman1ac""]cheers sanj - ill look into it..

it's a bit long winded but click on the vid's and take a look this is all i needed to sort mine out :thumbsup: HTH[/quote]

cheers bud, will have a look and see what i think 8-)[/quote]
Have a look on youtube bavarian soundworks have done a step by step showing where how and even which wires to splice

kena

Post by kena » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 am

[quote=""Turks""][quote=""kena""][quote=""Turks""]

Hi Ken,

Turks.[/quote]

For a vehicle which costs over 60k new i can't understand why BMW put such poor equipment in them. :?[/quote]

I was sure that all 4.8is came with the 10 Speaker Hi-Fi as standard... the only option was to have the Upgrade of DSP which gave you the Subs and the Digital Sound Processor?

I'll check when I get home as I have a copy of the original Sales brochure.

Turks.[/quote]

To be honest i never really looked to see how many speakers i had, but it never had a sub in the boot. All i know is it sounded crap so i had the front and rear doors changed to components with a new amp in the boot and a new sub and it now sounds a lot better. Maybe i do have the other speakers, I don't know.