Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2004 e53 3.0d sport in sterling grey

You can sell anything in here, Cars, BMW X-Series related items. Please set a price for your item, don't just ask for offers.
the shreksta

2004 e53 3.0d sport in sterling grey

Post by the shreksta » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:33 pm

it is with massive regret that i have to put my x5 up for sale, we have recently been hit with a bit of a financial bombshell meaning i need to raise funds a.s.a.p. i was planning on keeping the x5 for a while and was hoping to take it over to belgium later this year but it wasnt meant to be.

i looked for a while for a decent x5 and found this one within a mile of my house. i have owned it since jan 2016.

2004 facelift 3.0d sport in sterling grey

xenon lights

sat nav/tv but needs upgrade

just shy of 113k on the clock

mot until 23rd of october 2017

within a month or 2 of buying it i had the car serviced by my local garage who i have used since 2001, i went school with the mot-tester there and lived next-door to the head mechanic, its the only place i trust with any of my cars including the mrs car and my previous 450bhp impreza.

i had them replace the following

-front and rear diff oils with correct grade oil
-transfer box oil with correct bmw grade oil
-engine oil and filter, castrol edge and genuine oil filter
-air filter
-later type vortex breather

i decided against changing the gearbox oil due to various things ive read.......its not broken so dont fix it.

as the car came with only 1 key i went to bmw in leicester and ordered a 2nd key so now there is 2 x fully working keys with the car.

the car was fitted with a brand new bosch battery in feb 2016 aswell as the frost killed the current battery which was dated 2007 so not a bad run i suppose.

my next large spend was around late feb 2016 when i replaced all 4 tyres with the correct michelin diamaris, within 9 miles of them being fitted on my way to see my friend compete in a strongman event i ran over something which punctured the rear n/s tyre.............it was beyond repair so i had to buy another tyre, that was a very expensive day to say the least. the tyres are all wearing even as i had the 4 wheel alignment done aswell. the tyres have covered around 3k.

next up was the rear brake pipes, i knew when i bought the car that i would need to do them as they were an advisory on the previous mot, on the way home from work one day somebody pulled out on me and i had to step on the brakes and they felt really spongey after that on the way home-i went to the car the next day to go work and the check brake fluid message was on the dash along with a puddle of of fluid behind the n/s rear wheel so the car was taken to the garage to have both sides replaced along with fresh brake fluid.

earlier this year i was getting a bad exhaust fume smell in the cabin which was a cracked manifold so i went with advice on here and bought a cast manifold from ebay including gaskets/bolts etc, they were fitted at the garage i use along with a new air filter and pollen filter.

in october 2015 the car was fitted with new back plates and shoes @ £242+ vat, it also had a new bowden cable for drivers door as that was broken-these jobs were done by previous owner with supporting paperwork.

i have recently changed the 6-disc changer for a good used one which i took to bits and added silicone grease to the gears/sliders etc just incase and it now plays all 6 cd's without issue.

i change the oil and filter in my car every year regardless of miles covered and i have 8L of castrol edge and a genuine filter to go with the car as i was going to have this done in the next few weeks.

i was also planning to get the fuel filter changed as that often gets overlooked/forgotten @ service time so i would advise the new owner to get it changed although there is no issues at the moment and the car pulls fine @ high revs.

the car drives fine,changes gear fine and stops/turns fine. it has taken me and my friends up to leeds for europes strongest man last year, again to stoke for another strongman event and has been my daily ride for work. the engine has used no water in the last year and the oil has gone down less that 1/4 inch on the dipstick.

regarding the panoramic roof...........the previous owner showed me it working tilting up when i test drove the car but it has never been used since purely because of the fail rate of them.the sliding roof opens without issue.

the car has a few minor points-all were going to get sorted as i had decided to keep the car as they are only niggly jobs.

-check numberplate light on due to led bulbs fitted, needs correct bulbs fitting, confirmed on paperwork from garage.

-there is a tiny puff of smoke on cold start, either glow plug or glow plug controller, again i was just about to get this done with the oil service. plugs and unit are around £140 and maybe a couple of hours labour to fit.

please note that there is no smoke on warm start up,tick-over or driving, its just on 1st start of the day and clears almost as quickly as it starts.

-there is a mark on the inside of the passenger front window tint.

-small line mark on headunit screen

-wheels are not kerbed nor is the paint in really bad condition but ideally they need coming off for a damn good clean

-rear bumper clip broken drivers side so doesnt sit flush with the arch, hardly noticeable but still bugs me.

-needs a new rear wiper blade, arm still swipes but blade is duffed

-parking sensors work.......then they dont........then they do.......then they dont...........you get the idea

-small stone chips/marks on leather as expected with a car this age but in my opinion very very good for age hence why i bought it.

i dont mess around with my cars and i treat them with mechanical sympathy as i need my cars reliable, when they need servicing they get serviced with top-quality or genuine parts. i dont take my car to halfrauds for servicing nor do i tinker with it myself. my previous car was a 450bhp impreza with a £12k engine in it so i know all about looking after cars with correct parts at the correct time.

and there we have it, a genuine car with nearly all the common problems sorted within the last 5k/2 years.

i am truly gutted to be selling it,im a large guy and loved the room but things are out of my hands so it must go.

the car is registered at my address in my name and fully insured, i have all invoices for work completed/parts bought.all service records and handbooks present aswell

you can view the car from cold or warm, i have nothing to hide. there is no noises from the diffs/transfer box/gearbox or engine.

i am based in hinckley le10 between leicester and coventry just off the m69.

sorry for the rushed pics, will try to get some better ones when i have time

price is £5400 ono, i need this gone a.s.a.p so my loss could be your gain, i could be interested in a cheap saloon/estate px like a mondeo/vectra etc

passenger window tint mark

Last edited by the shreksta on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2004 e53 3.0d sport in sterling grey

Post by X5Sport » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Really sorry to read this after all of the work you have done......GLWTS though  :( :o
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:42 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Really sorry to read this after all of the work you have done......GLWTS though  :( :o
[/quote]

thanks matey, to say im gutted is an understatement, it truly has been an awesome car to own and as soon as we have relocated i will be back in one, either another e53 or an e70.

thanks for all the advice you have given me over this past year..............you are like the e53 oracle  ;)

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

you've got loads of genuinely honest info (love the dash photo with an error message) but not a lot of spec/build info - does it have heated seats? what is the leather colour (looks black but not 100% sure from photo. I cannot for the life of me remember, but x5 sport knows, the website to go to to pull up the full build spec of your car which is worth posting also to help move it along

Smee

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

[quote="Smeeagain"]
you've got loads of genuinely honest info (love the dash photo with an error message) but not a lot of spec/build info - does it have heated seats? what is the leather colour (looks black but not 100% sure from photo. I cannot for the life of me remember, but x5 sport knows, the website to go to to pull up the full build spec of your car which is worth posting also to help move it along

Smee
[/quote]

Yeah they were just rushed pics today as have tons to do. Leather is black nappa, to my disappointment they are not heated, I thought that would be standard with a car like this.

Regarding the dash error I just wanted to show 100% the truth, it is exactly as I described, just led bulbs which are putting up the error, I am always honest with things as I find that works best. Be good to find out exactly the full spec, let us know that website mate if you find it

TheHerd

Post by TheHerd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 pm

[quote="the shreksta"]
[quote="Smeeagain"]

Smee
[/quote]

Yeah they were just rushed pics today as have tons to do. Leather is black nappa, to my disappointment they are not heated, I thought that would be standard with a car like this.

Regarding the dash error I just wanted to show 100% the truth, it is exactly as I described, just led bulbs which are putting up the error, I am always honest with things as I find that works best. Be good to find out exactly the full spec, let us know that website mate if you find it
[/quote]

Shreksta, the error for LED number plate lights is not a big issue as you (or the new owner) can code it out with a BMW Scanner. You can also pull the full build information with the Scanner. I've done mine.  ;)

Good luck with the sale mate... never easy to let these go...
(SOLD) 2006 BMW E53 X5 3.0d MSport 20" OEM Rims
20mm Spacers | LED Interior Lights incl NPlate | HID kits | M-Tech Steering Wheel | LED Angel Eyes | 2016 Maps | Digital TV | Upgraded AMP | Engine Remap | LED Tails | LED Side Repeaters | Subwoofer |

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Need this gone guys, will listen to offers..........anythings gotta be better than what we buy any car have offered lol

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 am

Just digging through the paperwork and it's actually had 3 fuel filter changes, latest was done @ 89k in 2013

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:50 pm

price drop to £5400

Olliefrom83

Post by Olliefrom83 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Hello

Do you still have the car? Have you had any gearbox issues at all?

Cheers

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:35 pm

[quote="Olliefrom83"]
Hello

Do you still have the car? Have you had any gearbox issues at all?

Cheers
[/quote]

hi

somebody has clicked the buy it now on ebay but not bothered to contact me so unsure really what to think lol. had so many messers on ebay im about fed up with the place to be honest.

not had any gearbox issues, that was my main concern when i bought the car but its been fine. i was going to get the oil changed in it but decided against it as there is thoughts that it could do more harm than good.

i guess i will give this guy 24 hours to respond to me then let you know. price dropped to £4600 aswell as i need it gone.

Olliefrom83

Post by Olliefrom83 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi

eBay is normally alright, but suppose so many people use it that you do find a lot of messers on there too, really is frustrating if people mess you around.

Thanks for the info, I sold my X5 last year and miss it badly, but my old man is looking at possibly getting one, and yours fits the bill, so have passed all the info over to him, let me know if the other guy has it or what not, and then we can go from there

Cheers

Ollie

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:06 pm

[quote="Olliefrom83"]
Hi

eBay is normally alright, but suppose so many people use it that you do find a lot of messers on there too, really is frustrating if people mess you around.

Thanks for the info, I sold my X5 last year and miss it badly, but my old man is looking at possibly getting one, and yours fits the bill, so have passed all the info over to him, let me know if the other guy has it or what not, and then we can go from there

Cheers

Ollie
[/quote]

yeah will do buddy. ive had some really daft offers on ebay.........somebody even offered me £2k........yeah ok i will knock £2.5k off just for you lol

i will miss mine greatly as i have spent alot on it but needs must

Olliefrom83

Post by Olliefrom83 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:09 pm

When people do stuff like that you kind of want to entertain it just to wind them up! Some people and how their heads work is beyond me!

Indeed, I had to sell mine as I started a new business venture, really didn't want to but like you say needs must and it had to go!

Cheers

Ollie

the shreksta

Post by the shreksta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Just had contact from the guy, seems a really genuine guy so we had a bit of a chit chat and agreed a time for collection.

Looking like the old girl is going.......I might cry a little :(