Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2005 3.0i sport

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Callum89

2005 3.0i sport

Post by Callum89 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Evening chaps,

Just a couple of questions, the flipping drivers door handle carrier has broken AGAIN for the 5th time, anyone ever had bmw garage repair it if so how much was it roughly ? I’ve always used febi parts for it apart from
Once they all are as good as each other, so just wondering if bmw was a better option depending on cost.

Secondly some p***k hit my drivers side wing mirror and broke all the lugs that hold the casing and the front surround on, anyone braking a black x5 ? Or got a drivers side wing mirror ? If not best place to get one ?

Cheers

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 2005 3.0i sport

Post by AW8 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 pm

The  door carriers break more easily in cold weather.Try to be gentle with same, treat door rubbers with a  product called gummi pflege  to reduce  future freezing issues. Somebody prior performed a mod by placing a small amount or rubber layex glove on the cable head the carrier to reduce moisture build up and freezing.  No idea re other makes only ever used BMW parts. I also bought a heated key lock deicer......never really used it though.

Used parts try ebay, fab recycling or quarry motors
Last edited by AW8 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.