Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On the lookout

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
mattchubb1

On the lookout

Post by mattchubb1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Hiya everyone,

Newbie here!

So currently our family runner is an e91 330i 57 plate, with 210k on the clock which we've had for 4+years and looking to change to an E70 X5, so just looking on the forum to see what to look out for when buying these.

I know what my ideal spec would be Comfort Seats, Heated Seats, 7 seats, M Sport ideally and anything on top of this spec wise would be a bonus, Anything upto say 130k miles would work for me... and budget is £10k.  I know that the budget will limit me from getting a lovely prime example, but I'm not too fussed on mileage as long as its not too high.

In the past the other half has had X3's and other 3 series, she is thinking about the Q7, but for me I don't mind them too much... but I don't particularly like the dash layout and they don't look like they wear as well as a BMW.

Will be keeping an eye out over the next month to see what comes up, and may have a few questions :)

Cheers
Matt

marti

Re: On the lookout

Post by marti » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Best place is autotrader...then the bay...

mattchubb1

Re: On the lookout

Post by mattchubb1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:49 am

Thanks, yeah have been keeping my eye out. It's very difficult as there were so many options on these to be able to compare them!

I saw one advertised with tobacco coloured seats! Never seen that colour in the flesh.... I've got cinnamon in my e46, which is quite nice but never seen this darker brown before