Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wet passenger footwell help

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
Tizzard.

Wet passenger footwell help

Post by Tizzard. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:27 am

Hi all after very heavy rain my passenger footwell in my Bmw 2014 E71 X6 gets wet I’ve checked everything that I can think of and can not seem to find where it’s coming from has anyone else suffered with this problem at all. I thought it could of been the windscreen so had a company out to remove and reveal it but still the same :headbang: I’ve only owned the car 8months.

marti

Re: Wet passenger footwell help

Post by marti » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:25 pm

Do you have a sunroof ?....

Tizzard.

Post by Tizzard. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi. No sun roof.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Check....

Windows closing fully
Door card liner is in place.
Door seals are OK.
Scuttle vents under the bonnet are clear of rubbish.
No water dripping from behind dash - could be a leak under an electronics box where the wiring comes through the front firewall.
Leak at base of windscreen.
Leaking roof drains - usually a sunroof issue.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Tizzard.

Post by Tizzard. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Checked everything that I possible can. Not leak from the windscreen as had it removed and reseated and also scuttle panels put back when all done. Door cards and seals seem ok and all windows shut. Only thing I could think of is that there is a water drain blocked on the passenger side but I removed the pollen filter box and the plastics part it joins onto and had a camera down there and there is no drain off only on the drivers side

gkearney1

Post by gkearney1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:04 am

Hi,

Same thing happened to me after having car serviced at BMW and them changing the pollen filter under the bonnet, there are two filters, one each side.
I removed the one on the passenger side, and cleaned then re-seated the filter and plastics, this solved the issue for me. Wasn't leaking before it went in for a service so must have been the fitting back of the pollen filters.

Hope this helps?

G.