Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice required

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
Pothole

Advice required

Post by Pothole » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 am

Hey guys, new to the forum. I’m picking up a 2010 Se 18d xDrive on Friday. Opted for the SE as the reviews I was ready was that the M sport was a harsh bumpy ride and on my commute I prefer something more smoother.
So it comes with the comfort pack (what ever that includes) and panoramic sunroof. It has DAB and bluetooth, somewhat of an upgrade from my E90.
Sadly one option I was after was cruise control however it doesn’t have it, I understand it is possible to retro fit it but does anyone have the part numbers I would need or a how to? Also I’m guessing it will need coding, I have some Bmw software can’t remember which, is it something I can code from home or main dealer only.
Cheers guys

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Advice required

Post by X5Sport » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:54 pm

If you have the VIN then try seeing if there is an official retrofit kit on somewhere like Realoem (BMW Parts database).
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Re: Advice required

Post by marti » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm

WoW! no cruise...never had a BM without it thought it came as standard...Ive had 7 all had it...the oldest was a 1994 7 series