Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

External Mirrors Folding

BMW X2 (F39) discussion
Mike88

External Mirrors Folding

Post by Mike88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm

On a 2019 BMW X drive is it possible to get the external mirrors to fold? Mine don't even seem to fold manually and it would be even better if they would fold electronically. Can the dealer do this via the OBD port and if so any idea how much it would cost? Many thanks.

Wayfarer

Re: External Mirrors Folding

Post by Wayfarer » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:16 pm

On my 2018 x5,if you hold the lock button on the remote down, it closes all the windows, closes sunroof and sun blind and folds the external mirrors in, my previous three series bmw did the same, although it may be an option it's not one I have come across or specifically looked out for
Hope that might help you.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Just tried holding the lock button on the remote but sadly that didn't work. I was hopeful for a minute so my question still remains. I've just come across this on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSA2tJUtWqE&t=23s

Perhaps that's the answer.
Last edited by Mike88 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marti

Post by marti » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Mike88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm On a 2019 BMW X drive is it possible to get the external mirrors to fold? Mine don't even seem to fold manually and it would be even better if they would fold electronically. Can the dealer do this via the OBD port and if so any idea how much it would cost? Many thanks.
Do you have the button on the window master switch module?....if you have then yes you can get them programmed, if you have comfort access it should be programmable via the idrive yourself

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 pm

marti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:49 pm
Mike88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm On a 2019 BMW X drive is it possible to get the external mirrors to fold? Mine don't even seem to fold manually and it would be even better if they would fold electronically. Can the dealer do this via the OBD port and if so any idea how much it would cost? Many thanks.
Do you have the button on the window master switch module?....if you have then yes you can get them programmed, if you have comfort access it should be programmable via the idrive yourself
Thanks. All I have is the button which controls the side the mirrors can be adjusted electronically plus the opening and closure buttons for the windows. Not sure what is meant by "window master switch module" but would be interested to know.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: External Mirrors Folding.

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Do you have a folding mirror option installed? There are two types, folding and non-folding. Worth checking your build sheet to confirm. Power folding has been a cost option on some cars. I thinks it’s S313A from memory. I had to pay extra for it on the F46. RealOEM shows different hardware depending upon option. I have a button that control opening of rear windows to be from my seat only on the X6 and 220d Gran Tourer, there is also a mirror folding button with the mirror adjuster and left/right toggle that also supports the auto-dip with reverse.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Mike88

Re: External Mirrors Folding.

Post by Mike88 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:10 pm

X5Sport wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 pm Do you have a folding mirror option installed? There are two types, folding and non-folding. Worth checking your build sheet to confirm. Power folding has been a cost option on some cars. I thinks it’s S313A from memory. I had to pay extra for it on the F46. RealOEM shows different hardware depending upon option. I have a button that control opening of rear windows to be from my seat only on the X6 and 220d Gran Tourer, there is also a mirror folding button with the mirror adjuster and left/right toggle that also supports the auto-dip with reverse.
Thanks. I have checked my build through the VIN checker ( https://www.mdecoder.com/ ) and that indicates I have the power folding mirror option. However, the information on the car is inaccurate in many respects telling me I have a manual gearbox, black in colour, panorama roof, 18" wheels, a larger fuel tank, left hand drive and strangest of all was built for the Chinese market. Neither of the above is an accurate representation of the vehicle I own.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Try a different site. I’ve had this a couple of times myself.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:39 pm

X5Sport wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:25 pm Try a different site. I’ve had this a couple of times myself.
Got it. No powered mirror option unfortunately. However, one good thing I discovered is that there is an option which enables the oil to be changed every 24 months (S8KA).

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:15 am

Well as they say every day is a learning day, and if I buy another BMW I'll go through the spec list very carefully before buying, thought they had moved on from everything being an extra on the newer cars - obviously not.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 am

If anything they’ve got worse. With so many of their cars being fleet models/company car lease, keeping the costs and tax liabilities down is the driving force (no pun intended) behind how many manufacturers do things.

When I bought the Škoda in 2015 the range of options and colours was very limited for UK spec cars and this was controlled by Škoda UK wanting to stay at a price point for lease cars. In the UK there were 6 colours - all dull metallics or plain - whereas in Europe it was more than 20.