Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Centre caps?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
mattmanX6

Centre caps?

Post by mattmanX6 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Saw a post where someone was suggesting that the centre caps on the X6 may be different to others.
I found these on ebay which are listed as fitting an X6, but the descriptions are never that accurate - does anyone know if the 68mm would fit all wheels?
caps.JPG
caps.JPG (87.99 KiB) Viewed 6548 times

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Centre caps?

Post by X5Sport » Tue May 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Having checked RealOEM (use the last 7 of your VIN in the ‘Serial number’ box), it looks like the right part number and I have that number on my Style 214 wheels.

I have never looked that closely, but the centre bore at the mating surface to the brakes is different on the X6. That part number is the latest version showing or RealOEM (a copy of the BMW parts database). Maybe the area behind the badge is bored but they use a standard ‘hole’ where the cap goes. That part number is used across a vast number of BMWs.

The only way to get 100% certain is to measure your centre bores.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Tue May 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Front and rear wheel badges are the same.

The ones shown look like the older type or possibly copies, of which there are lots.

Current genuine caps have a black plastic base and are vastly better, though not cheap.

BMW also offer a rotating set, copying the weighted badge 'system' as used by Rolls Royce, novel, but even more expensive.

** Didnt previously notice the seller note on 'non original'. :oops:
Last edited by sapphireblack on Tue May 11, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marti

Post by marti » Tue May 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Buy them from BM......much better quality than aftermarket and will last as long as the ones you have on.....

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Wed May 12, 2021 12:03 am

Aftermarket ones don't last the genuine ones are expensive but last we'll, near 50 quid now a set!