Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bull bar

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
alziebob

bull bar

Post by alziebob » Fri May 14, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi, Anyone got bull bar fitted on there f25 x3?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bull bar

Post by X5Sport » Fri May 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Are there any legal (as in E-approved) versions offered in the UK? I know they aren’t banned but they do have to be approved and not compromise driver, passenger or pedestrians. The market may be too small? There used to be a version for the E53 but I can’t remember seeing any recent discussions about them in this forum. And I’m assuming you are in the UK which you may not be of course.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

alziebob

Post by alziebob » Mon May 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Thanks for your info.

And yes I am in the UK. I saw an x3 (but couldn't make out which year it was) with one fitted so I'm presuming there must be a market out there.

I'll have to do some research as I quite like the idea of having one on mine.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Mon May 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Not many loose roaming bulls in the UK afaik.

I think these were a simple fashion accessory that fell out of favour when it was realised the damage they can do to the human body. Land Rover offered a padded version on Discovery models back in the day.

Their origins are Australian I think? Loose Kangaroo and Camel's are a real risk on their open roads. No such problems here, thankfully :wink:

Bladerunner919

Post by Bladerunner919 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:10 pm

You might want to check with your insurer that they will still cover the car with a bullbar fitted, before going to the trouble of finding one. If you don't declare it and then have a pedestrian accident you could be in all sorts of bother, and insurers may not cover a car that has one fitted.

alziebob

Post by alziebob » Thu May 20, 2021 7:04 pm

Thanks for the replies guys its made me re-think? :)