Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door Card Damage - Repair or Replace

Username

Post by Username » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi,
Anyone had any experience having a damaged door card repaired, were you happy with level of repair?
I have 3 door cards that look to have been attacked by children or a hashy previous owner, I don't really want to buy new door cards as I expect them to cost an arm and a leg but then again I want a good repair standard.
I've seen used door cards on a well know site but they look worse than the one I have, god knows who buys them?
Any advice on your experiences is welcomed.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 pm

whats wrong with them , they can be recoloured which will cover a lot of wear but cuts etc are more of an issue :D

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:28 am

Username wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:18 pm Hi,
Anyone had any experience having a damaged door card repaired, were you happy with level of repair?
I have 3 door cards that look to have been attacked by children or a hashy previous owner, I don't really want to buy new door cards as I expect them to cost an arm and a leg but then again I want a good repair standard.
I've seen used door cards on a well know site but they look worse than the one I have, god knows who buys them?
Any advice on your experiences is welcomed.
I think you're going to have part with some pretty serious money. I recall well i enquired about a replacement door card for an E53. Over £900 at the time. Professional retrimming would probably be similar.

You have bought a car with this issue? If the price reflected this damage imo you'll simply have to stomp up and buy new ones or have 3/4 re-trimmed by a pro.