Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Time date keep resetting ?

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
Martyns

Post by Martyns » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:35 am

My time and date seem to reset most nights , my main battery seems fine , is there a battery just for time date ? I have a X6 35d 2009
Thanks in advance

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:45 pm

There’s only one battery. If it’s losing the date/time and the vehicle battery is starting the car just fine it ‘suggests’ there may be an issue in the iDrive itself. If it’s losing its power connection that will reset the clock and pretty much everything else - are you losing other settings? Before doing anything else though, check your battery really is OK. Fully charged it should show at least 12.6V under the bonnet at the jump start points four hours after the car was last used - leave the bonnet up (if safe), lock the car and then check it after 4 hours. The alarm won’t go if you leave the bonnet ajar.

If the voltage is less than 12V you have a dying battery. These cars will shut down ‘consumer’ circuits to keep enough to start the car, hence the need to check the battery.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Your battery may seem fine but when it gets cold it could be a different story :D , the date resetting is often linked to a discharged battery so charge it fully and see if its happens the next morn , lots of short runs can means the battery never gets a chance to charge up.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:22 am

Martyns
Handy site ???.

Martyns

Post by Martyns » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Very handy site :)
Thanks for the helpful tips , yes I do a lot of short journeys , I will charge over night then check 4 hours after I’ve charged to see if I get a drop , I had a leak at the battery it’s not a particularly great brand I don’t think , not a name ive heard !