Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie to be (advice)

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Wayfarer

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by Wayfarer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Leslie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 pm I don't think those are comfort seats I think all the newer model ones look like that now , could be wrong though :D
They have a lot more control buttons than on my 2018 msport 40d that has sport seats and lumbar, but not an expert by any means

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by X5Sport » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm

There are enough buttons for Comfort Seats but you need the VIN to find the option code. It used to be S456A.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by Leslie » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:55 pm

Was going by shape of thigh support which is how you used to tell the older e70 ones , they do have a lot of buttons though for sure so could be comfort seats :thumbsup:

Rossh93

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by Rossh93 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:49 pm

Wayfarer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm Also it's got a full service history, but I'd go through that carefully to check dates details etc, and also put the latest reg no in the gov.uk mot history checker, as that may give you an indication on how its been cared for.

Good luck in your quest

Thanks for al the help! Yeh full service history is a positive I believe it’s all bmw apart from the latest.

Checked the gov website and all seems decent and roughly covered 20-30k miles per year with 20k in the last year. Will try check the car out and see how it goes 😬

Time to get rid of my Cla45 this weekend :( aww

Rossh93

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by Rossh93 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Wayfarer wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:43 pm Also it's got a full service history, but I'd go through that carefully to check dates details etc, and also put the latest reg no in the gov.uk mot history checker, as that may give you an indication on how its been cared for.

Good luck in your quest

Thanks! I had a look on the gov website and it seems ok covered maybe 20-30k a year and no Mot fails, however once i get the VIN I can check further. I have arranged to view this weekend, it turns out its the Garage owners own car so hopefully thats a good thing. Is the price fair regarding year and milege and spec etc?

Appreciate all the advice!

Rossh93

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by Rossh93 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:53 pm

Update:

Seen the grey car above this morning. - very impressed! Will hopefully be confirming the details tomorrow. Car has a lot including the rear heated seats. Pan roof etc all in working order :lol: paintwork is immaculate as is the driver seat ( no rip) full bmw history which is great! Car is getting a new shock absorbers replaced this week also as there’s a bit of a clunk.
Would probably get the wheels done black :oops: and the full black double kidney grilles ( don’t judge ) haha!

Hopefully can report back tomorrow confirming !

Lastly any other major things I should check with the high mileage ?

Thanks ! Have a great weekend

darklord

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by darklord » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:23 am

Howdy all, Hope to be a F15 X5 proprietor by the beginning of the following month. Needed counsel on a 2014 Msport 30d it's a CAT D (I know) yet at a cost of 19k with full help history and 2 keys present and so forth, fair spec moreover. I've seen harm before many and it's just digger on both driver side entryways… . Bombing that I have viewed as one more at a neighborhood Dealer much more obv no awful history except for £27k same year and model and so forth with 62k miles and significantly less spec.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:16 am

darklord wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:23 am Howdy all, Hope to be a F15 X5 proprietor by the beginning of the following month. Needed counsel on a 2014 Msport 30d it's a CAT D (I know) yet at a cost of 19k with full help history and 2 keys present and so forth, fair spec moreover. I've seen harm before many and it's just digger on both driver side entryways… . Bombing that I have viewed as one more at a neighborhood Dealer much more obv no awful history except for £27k same year and model and so forth with 62k miles and significantly less spec.
??

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by X5Sport » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:28 pm

darklord wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:23 am Howdy all, Hope to be a F15 X5 proprietor by the beginning of the following month. Needed counsel on a 2014 Msport 30d it's a CAT D (I know) yet at a cost of 19k with full help history and 2 keys present and so forth, fair spec moreover. I've seen harm before many and it's just digger on both driver side entryways… . Bombing that I have viewed as one more at a neighborhood Dealer much more obv no awful history except for £27k same year and model and so forth with 62k miles and significantly less spec.
If you used a translator program is hasn’t done you any favours. Your post doesn’t make sense (to me), sorry.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:20 pm

Rehash of #1 OPs post. Peculiar 🤔

StuBeeDoo

Newbie to be (advice)

Post by StuBeeDoo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:48 am

sapphireblack wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:20 pmRehash of #1 OPs post. Peculiar 🤔
Some strange kind of bot?? :?
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)