Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello at last

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
coops

Hello at last

Post by coops » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:12 pm

I am yeah - very glad it wasn’t bad lacquer. I have a Das 6 v2 DA polisher. Very easy to use

Did a long drive in it this weekend. Found out:

- Bumpy on country lanes. Really bumpy.
- Vibration at about 60-65 upwards through the floor
- bounces forward and back when coming to a stop

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello at last

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 pm

Bad dampers maybe?
Rear prop centre bearing?
Dampers again?

Been looking for a DA myself but can’t name my mind up between as DAS 6 or the Meguiars one.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

coops

Hello at last

Post by coops » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:49 am

Cheers - and dampers recommended? And are the non-sport ones any more comfortable than the sport?

Das 6 has been great for me..

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello at last

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:49 am

Never played with the shocks on any X car. Others in here may have. Pinging Raj a PM might give you pointers as he replaced the air suspension on his E53 with coil overs. The thread will be on here somewhere, but a PM May get you a more succinct response. Sport shocks are normally ‘firmer’. Sachs are avail from Carparts4less at around £130 each (front) and £95 (rear). Bilstein are an option (and more expensive). If you have deeper pockets then Ohlins. Those are silly money though I expect. You’ll need spring compressors and tools to change the shocks as they’re coil overs front and rear.

It was only a suggestion that it might be dampers/shocks. I know the way it used to be done was to push down on each corner and see how many ‘bounces’ were there when you let go. If I remember it right, it should be ‘down, up, stop’ - as in that’s what the car does. If it ‘jiggled’ then the shock was suspect. Just getting a corner compressed may be a challenge all it’s own on these cars! :cry:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.