Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bmw X1 2013 20d xdrive Automatic / Strange Noise and Sudden Low MPG

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:57 am

If you have never seen a diesel engine runaway have a look on youtube under d e runaway, had a forklift truck do it, frightened me to death. caused by customer over filling engine with oil, only way to stop it was putting a towel against air inlet, still quite a dangerous thing to do as the engine can explode!!

Lez

VapeLife

Post by VapeLife » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:14 pm

There was a small pool of oil in the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler so lucky i caught it when i did. The turbo is on order now so hopefully will be here on Tuesday and some bits coming from BMW that should be Monday. It looks like a simple install so shouldn't take me more than 2 hours + 30 Mins for the oil change.

Will keep you all updated with how everything goes. Dose anyone have any way to get the tightening torques for the bolts as i cant find a Haynes or a workshop manual for the car any where.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Remember to ‘prime’ the turbo with oil before final assembly. It may come with a pack of lube, but just in case.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

VapeLife

Post by VapeLife » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Got a syringe ready with some extension pipe on it to fill the turbo with oil. Just thinking about the best way to fill the oil supply line before starting with oil as that's on the to replace list.