Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E70 seven seater..

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Themoog2

E70 seven seater..

Post by Themoog2 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:30 pm

Hi chaps. I feel like I’m venturing into a foreign land as I’m always active in the E53 section.. Anyway, I’m eyeing up an E70 that’s for sale not far from me and it has extra two seats in the back. Can these be removed easily so it’s just a normal 5 seater like mine is now - with normal boot floor etc- or would certain parts have to be swapped? I don’t want or need extra seats.
Anything else obvious I should look out for? It’s a 4.8 by the way.
Ta.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

E70 seven seater..

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:34 pm

Don't the two rear seats fold to provide a flat floor anyway? Probably nothing underneath them even if removed.?

Lusted for a V8 E70, wish I'd bought the one I viewed years ago now.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

E70 seven seater..

Post by Leslie » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:33 pm

They just fold flat however the undefloor bootspace is gone but I'm sure it wouldn't be a big job removing them and parts out of a 5 dr should be plentiful now. :D Looking online the seats are however very heavy and the seatbelts are a right pain to get disconnected .

Themoog2

E70 seven seater..

Post by Themoog2 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:33 pm

Well I viewed it today. It was a cat d car with a keen price. It drove ok and sounded like a nice V8 but I could clearly see different paint shades on various panels - even in the rain. One of the rear wheels had been welded too on the inside.. The engine was leaking oil from the cam covers and somewhere else that I could not see.
What was really different compared with my 4.4 E53 was how much more I had to press the accelerator to gather momentum - almost like a diesel engine. Odd.
For the money it was a ok used car but not for me.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

E70 seven seater..

Post by X5Sport » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:27 pm

Sounds like it would have needed significant money spent on it too.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.