Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boost pressure converter

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
Thesisqokid

Boost pressure converter

Post by Thesisqokid » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:49 pm

does anybody know the exact location of the boost pressure converter ie on top of turbo or underneath, i could do it with my eyes closed on my old e46 but its a little tighter on the x3
Many thanks

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Boost pressure converter

Post by X5Sport » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:33 am

The only thing I can find that might match is the ‘charge air pressure sensor’ and that’s at the rear end of the intake manifold on the M47 engine. Is that it?

If your engine is an M47T2 then it’s underneath the intake manifold right at the rear.

No mention of a converter on the turbo itself, but that may just mean BMW don’t replace it as an item! RealOEM may show you where it is.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Thesisqokid

Boost pressure converter

Post by Thesisqokid » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm

Its the n47d2 engine. Real oem shows it has one between the turbo and the vacuum tank but the turbo is buried and havnt got much room going in underneath either, will have to just throw my hand in somehow and have a good reach around

wizard-58

Boost pressure converter

Post by wizard-58 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:44 am

Hi not sure if this the correct unit but the Boost pressure converter on my 2007 x3 is mounted behind the steering pump and below the water pipe it controls the vacumm to the egr valve .it can be got to but it is a bit of a pig .it is listed as boost pressure converter control valve so as i say not 100% sure this is the unit you mean ..mine is also the n47 tdu2

Thesisqokid

Boost pressure converter

Post by Thesisqokid » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 am

I also ha e the same unit by there, but i think it controls egr but it is exactly the same part, the one i question i thought runs off the turbo to the vacuum tank i could be wrong, i need to get the metal under plate off underneath without the bolts snapping to see if i can get a clearer view. Thanks for your input though any is always helpful

wizard-58

Boost pressure converter

Post by wizard-58 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Ok im not aware of a vacuum tank .i know the vacuum pump at the front runs across front of engine to and under the inlet manifold ( t offs to swirl flap and aforementioned unit )across back to servo but ive not seen any tank .

Thesisqokid

Boost pressure converter

Post by Thesisqokid » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:17 pm

In all honesty i cant say ive seen the tank, but looking on realoem it says there is one, i know my old e46 320d had one but that was running the old 136bhp engine. From what i can gather some are electronicaly controlled as opposed to vacuum again could be wrong as still trying to get my head around the ins and outs