Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Reacquaintance

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the X6 (E71).
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Reacquaintance

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:19 pm

I guess I am lucky that I can spend roughly half of a year in a very hot summer climate, though it has its drawbacks.

I returned to the UK on Monday and un-mothballed my E71, it spends the same half year garaged, connected to a CTEK charger and protected with a fitted dust cover. I leave the sunroof on tilt to allow air to sort of circulate a bit.

Anyway, i unwrapped it yesterday, dusted off the odd cobweb, taxed it from tomorrow, £360 now and ill be busy driving over the weekend, almost anywhere for fun. The car is ageing like me, 2009 MY still with less than 35k on it. MOT is due end of October so have booked that. The car will have done less that 1500 miles since the last MOT 

Having very seriously disliked the X6 concept when it was launched, I really like this car now. Other manufacturers have long since copied the coupe/SAV idea which is I suppose flattering for BMW. The absence of a rear wiper will in time frustrate me as it always has when rainy days arrive. I prefer the original four seater layout but I thankfully don't ever sit in the rear. I'm still toying with a sat-nav screen upgrade, but as its primarily just for looks, a grand is quite a chunk to part with. That said my summers in Greece may well be ending soon and some European touring to replace it is very likely. What a nice vehicle to undertake that in, only the wife and me so the luggage space is adequate too.
Attachments
20220930_092611.jpg
20220930_092611.jpg (127.57 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
20220930_092622.jpg
20220930_092622.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 4732 times

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Reacquaintance

Post by X5Sport » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:29 pm

Happy you’re happy. I felt the same when the E71 first appeared but liked it more and more over the years until I bought one.

The lack of a rear wiper is an annoyance, but…..two solutions. Drive faster 8)

Or

Use RainX (or similar) as being hydrophobic it lets the water run off. I used on my E53 and came back from Manchester in heavy rain and didn’t need the wipers! It’s a bit of a faff to apply and rub the excess off, but it works well.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Reacquaintance

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:34 pm

I have Rain X, I should remember to use it, :D