Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What battery shall I Buy?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:41 pm

I have a 2002 4.4 E53 X5. I am after a new battery, preferably maint free as I have a girt big lpg tank sitting on top of the battery and have to remove the lpg tank to gain access.
My obvious solution is to buy a maint free lithium battery , so any suggestions, the more power the better.

As an aside had a flat battery this morning, so I thought lets try Audew jump starter, blow me it worked 1st time and she fired up.
Check it out on the net, I was well impressed (it measures 222x88x28mm )

Lez

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:10 pm

No experience of Lithium types though I know they are popular with caravaneers etc due to the number of charge/discharge cycles they typically have (letting them go totally flat is bad though!). I’ve got a Yuasa AGM (019 format) in the X6 that came with a 5-year warranty.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:03 am

Plus 1,on the Yuasa AGM I have had one on the E53 for 3 years now good price when I brought it too

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:55 am

I should have added that I bought it from Tayna (on line) who others like me have found to be really good for price and support.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:46 am

My first dealings with Tayna where unbelievable.
I had bought a battery online not from them and it was faulty and the seller was being funny.
A test at Halfrawds said it was good but after 40 years in the car game i know a faulty battery.
Found Tayna and they are only 48 miles away so i went to see them.
They not only did a full 48 hour test with report but they lent me a battery while they did it.
Got my money back from the online seller (BMS) won't say the name.
Since i have had several cars and several batteries all from them i go over and they fit for free.
You could phone them for advice it will be good they have been in the game many years plus you get a fresh battery they turn over loads.