Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tesla prices fall

General car related chat
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tesla prices fall

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:23 pm

Tesla have followed up the price drops for their model 3 & Y in China and the US by doing the same in the UK, and the drop is significant. Mass production quantitative savings are creating the ability to reduce prices and it will be interesting to see how (or if) the other major players such as Volvo, Ford, Jaguar and BMW react in order to stave off cancelled orders. Tesla offered me a three month lead time on a new build, compared with an estimated 14-18 month build from BMW (my order has slipped back to April now).

For me it is tempting, however I just don’t like their designs or the fact the car has what looks like a giant iPad in the middle with nothing (not even a HUD) in front of the driver. I could save about £9k by switching, get better range and lower PCP payments. The big downside (and those who got their Model 3 last month and before) is the used values dropped an extra 20% on the back of this. That’s going to annoy more than a few!

Perhaps we’ll start to see the used EV market start to pick up in the UK now?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tesla prices fall

Post by jaynana » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:42 pm

I cannot agree more. I can’t get over slapping a laptop into the dash and shoving all the functionality into that - what a way to get over inability to design a driver interface

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tesla prices fall

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:20 pm

I know precious little about any model, but only tonight I was semi stuck behind the 'big one' that looks like it has more than casual X6 influences in its shape.

Confess I like the exterior but never been close up to any Tesla to know anything about the interiors. Doubt I could justify the costs anyway.

Curious what the green number plate blank denotes, electric vehicle I assumed? Not likely to use a lecky car for european touring so no need for a UK display i suppose 🤔

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tesla prices fall

Post by Leslie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:30 pm

Sounds like there are more cars being built then they have buyers for :driving:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tesla prices fall

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:13 pm

1.3M Teslas were delivered in 2022, 40% up on 2021. Demand still exceeding supply. I can see why they’re the biggest game in town for EVs, and why the other manufacturers are watching them closely. I see several a day now commuting, more than even 6 months ago, and there’s a noticeable upward shift in the number of BEVs I see every day with the green flash on their number plates.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.