Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPod leads

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:18 pm

eBay adaptor 385437110343 purchased, guaranteed to transfer data from an iPod via a 30 pin lead. We'll see! It was only a cheapy so no great loss if it doesn't perform, which i suspect it wont 🤔

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:54 pm

sapphireblack wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:53 pm I'll wait on BMWs response. They're not in a rush though 🙄
Still waiting 🙄

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

iPod leads

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:11 pm

Sad to say, but don’t expect an answer any time soon. My dealings with them have been of silent indifference.

If you’re still in Greece, I hope you’re coping with the heat! 40°C+ for days in end with no overnight respite gets waring pretty quickly I should think.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:56 am

Its extremely hot here now. The cars exterior thermometer showed 39° on the dash display last night despite being parked in shade all day. My local bar has a nearby fuel station matrix board visible, that was displaying 43°.

Still plenty of bare chested youngsters hooning around on quad bikes though. Been five fatalities i know of so far this year, doubtless there will be more.

As for BMW, I'll ring them upon my return.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:30 am

😁 finally had an email from bmw, the link shown took me to the bmw shop, where even by a part number search the 8pin ipod lead isnt shown. Lots of engine parts and looms, also some bmw branded flip-flops. Really helpful 🙄

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

iPod leads

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:46 pm

Yeah, underwhelming isn’t it! I went looking for stuff in the shop to use in the i4 and found items that I really wasn’t interested in. Flip flops are new though……might be a ‘Must Buy’……..no? OK :D
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:22 pm

As a VW owner as well, albeit an oldie, (car and me) the stories i read about VW dealers and customer service are, well, not inspiring. Misdiagnosis on issues and a dont care attitude from HQ. Thankfully that doesn't impact me much or even at all.

BMW have always been pretty good ime, but the email today was utterly pointless and a complete waste of time both for them and me. :(

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:28 pm

About as much use as a chocolate teapot, utterly ridiculous 😡

Thank you for contacting the BMW Customer Information Team regarding your parts query.
I've looked into your query and best thing to do is contact your BMW Approved Centres' parts department here.
Alternatively please let me know your preferred BMW centre and contact method so I can arrange for them to contact you directly.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

iPod leads

Post by sapphireblack » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:26 pm

Their followup.😕

As BMW UK are the distributor of new vehicles to our network of independently owned and managed Approved Centres, we’re not involved in any part of the sales or service process. We rely on the trained technicians in our Approved Centres to diagnose any issues and answer any technical or service related queries. They’re our eyes and ears when resolving issues.

I’m sorry that this wasn’t the answer you were anticipating but in the meantime, if there’s anything else I can assist with, please let me know.

First statement is confusuing, to me