Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5 Tyre Compatibility (Incompatibility)

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
rav

Post by rav » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:04 pm

Hi All,

I am looking to replace all my tyres on the X5 with the same ones that are on now. Looking at the Costco website, it suggests that the tyres I currently have are not compatible! Below is what I have:

Front: Goodyear 255/50 R19 107W EAG F1 ASY SUV * XL (Run flat)
Rear: Goodyear 285/45 R19 (111) W EAGLE F1 (ASYMMETRIC) (Run flat)

The website suggests the rear ones are not compatible.

I am fairly happy with what I have and it does not seem to have had any detrimental impact on the car. Anyone know what size is recommended for this car?
X5 E70 2010 3.0d LCI

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:34 pm

Correct tyre sizes for all options are shown in the B-pillar tyre pressure plate.

Those tyres are the correct size. The reason for the compatibility flag is the ‘recommended’ tyres for all BMW xDrive models is that they have a ‘⭐️’ mark on the sidewalls. It just means they are made for (and homologated by) BMW. The rears don’t have that mark.

There is a small chance that using non ⭐️ marked tyres increases the risk of transmission damage. We’ve seen multiple examples of such over the years with staggered wheel setups such as you have, however plenty of owners have never had an issue unless going for cheap brands.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Lobster Pot

Post by Lobster Pot » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:08 pm

I’ve got the Goodyears which are star marked been brilliant I’m on 15k miles and still 5mm on all corners I think they still around £880 for all 4 on tyresavings.com fitted

rav

Post by rav » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:47 pm

I got mine all mine changed (all run flat, star marked) from Costco. It cost £685 fitted - they had a Goodyear offer on at the time which made the difference. Their website was falsely saying the back ones were incompatible but they confirm they were correct when I went in person.

My existing ones were on the car when I bought it and since, with further 60K miles, they had still 3mm left!
X5 E70 2010 3.0d LCI