Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thanks

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
amigodm

Thanks

Post by amigodm » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:09 pm

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join.
First question - I had an X5 about 14 years ago and was going through tyres at the rate of 4 every 6k miles!! I wasn't a madman throwing it around at any opportunity but even though I complained to BMW, they shrugged it off as 'normal wear and tear'. Anyway, I'm considering the latest X5 50e but really don't want the same problem. I would welcome any advice on the current X5 tyre situation please.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thanks

Post by X5Sport » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:36 pm

I’ve had an E53 X5 and currently an E71 X6 neither of which have ever eaten tyres that fast! My current M50 i4 weighs more than the X6 and is going to be heavy on non-runflat tyres but still has about 5mm after 6,000 miles. Given it has 544bhp and almost 800Nm torque, that’s to be expected.

The V8 engine has the torque to wear out a set quickly, but only if you hoon it round a track or choose very soft tyres. I would expect 14-17k from a set of BMW Approved (⭐️) marked rubber. Your fuel bill will be impressive too I would imagine :D
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

amigodm

Thanks

Post by amigodm » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Interesting to say the least! Hopefully my less-than-heavy right foot will give me a few more miles on them! Thanks :thumbsup: