Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel changing locator 'studs'

You can sell anything in here, Cars, BMW X-Series related items. Please set a price for your item, don't just ask for offers.
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Wheel changing locator 'studs'

Post by sapphireblack » Mon May 09, 2011 3:35 pm

This cropped up on a thread i was reading here so i had a chat with a friendly local engineer. I had one of these made for myself and speculated some members may want one also.

They're not 'beautifully' made, being more functional than that, but they are just what's needed when trying to hold a heavy wheel insitu while fumbling with the first bolt. I only want back what they owe me which will be £6.00 each posted.

2009 35d, Space Grey with Chateau leather, still below 40k miles.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Wheel changing locator 'studs'

Post by X5Sport » Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

I got some Ally ones from a place in the US mentioned on this 'ere Forum (brain fade so can't remember who/when :oops: ). Yours look pretty good, and being steel should be stronger.

They definitely make changing these heavy alloys a lot easier. Good work :D :thumbsup:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon May 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Yes, I got mine from the US as well and as I am a lot younger then X5Sport, I remember it was from LeatherZ. :poke:

The units are great for when changing winter wheels etc, a real must.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

[quote=""pvr""]Yes, I got mine from the US as well and as I am a lot younger then X5Sport, I remember it was from LeatherZ. :poke: .[/quote]

:evil: Lol :rcard:

Nope it wasn't them........it was ReverseLogic. They also make handy ally blocks that fit into the jacking points to make use of a trolley jack safer/easier.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Wed May 18, 2011 2:16 pm

I posted about some I made up with thread type and where to get threaded rod from.
Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube