Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Silverstone meet?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
jeegnesh

Silverstone meet?

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm

[quote=""weirdfish""][quote=""jeegnesh""]Enter Uncle Scrooge.

No issues with the meet and would love to come along. However no interest in classic cars so £40 entry fee plus fuel there and back makes it a rather pricey meet (not if your into classic cars obviously).

Am I right in thinking that will be the cost?[/quote]

As per my previous post, if I get a list of people who are interested by the 23rd of March, I will then get a promo code and get approx 25% discount, but it must be by that time in order to get the discount.
And it's not all about classic cars, the racing itself is bloody awesome, you can get right into the pits, and the car clubs that are there are fantastic, anything from fezzas to moggy minors, ( no offence to anyone that has one of these ).
And don't forget, we will be there. :thumbsup:[/quote]
salesmen :-)
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

weirdfish

Re: Silverstone meet?

Post by weirdfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:51 pm

The organisers( via bmwcc ), are asking for numbers attending as soon as possible, I suppose they have to allocate pitch sizes etc. so please add your name to the list and also which day, if not both, you will be attending.

1) weirdfish - Sat.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Just to make everyone aware, and I know this has been brought up before, the discount count that you will be given will entitle you to entry to the infield display and for 2 people.( according to the website ), but I will double check.
For instance when you look at the ticket prices it says that for a single day ticket for one is £40, then when you put in the promo code it shoots up to £54, but this automatically adds another person and your car pass to get in to the display area, otherwise you have to park in the general car park.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:46 pm

As the date draws near to get the discount, and the lack of activity regarding this meet, I take it that the costs are too much to consider this a good idea, must admit it was a bit of a shock to me, but seeing as I don't get out a lot and the fact that a few good friends from the bmw scene will be there In their pride and joy, I am biting the bullet and ordering my ticket, although my other ticket won't get used, unless I pick up a stranger on the way, ( you never know ).
Last edited by weirdfish on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Really sad to here this doesn't seem to be a runner is that right as £54 for 2 people for the day is good value with so much going on
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 am

I was seriously considering it but tbh the cost is a little off putting when you factor in the other costs too.

tombs

Post by tombs » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Just wanted to point out the E53 X5 is a Classic, its over 10 years old. :o