Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Reverse problem and running ruff!

Discuss the problems with your X6 (E71).
phiggystardust

Reverse problem and running ruff!

Post by phiggystardust » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello all
Problem In twos
X is now running rough on idle seems ok when reving but lumpy when low
Also a problem which has now got bad is that it seems to tighten up when reversing put in to neutral and try again and it moves more and then slows up again
Spoke to Indy about it and originally he said it was just a bit of trans wind up as he fitted brand new gear box on it 2 yrs ago and that was how they are
But it won't reverse up a slope at all

So all in all pretty poor
As usual folks any help much appreciated
Phiggy
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reverse problem and running ruff!

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Never heard of this on an X6! Or even an E70 for that matter, but it sounds like the same gearbox issues that plague the E53 X5 fraternity - self included - torque converter failure, or reverse gear clutches. If so on an X6, that's worrying! On the X5 it almost certainly means a rebuild - sorry... :? :cry:

What year is your X6? Thought you had an X5? Mind you I could have missed the updates on model... :oops:
Last edited by X5Sport on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 pm

re the wind up problem, i had this on , my old x5, are all the tyres the correct size with the same tread on?? and if the wrong size do they all have the same tyres on, i got this and it had two odd sized tyres on the same axle!
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

gareth82

Post by gareth82 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:18 am

I had the rough idle on my E53 which got worse quite quickly over time, eventually the whole car would start vibrating when stationary. Problem was two injectors faulty, bought two new injectors from diesel jones for £200 after surcharge refunded and cost £70 to fit, that was a year ago and its still running 100% now
2001 X5 3.0d sport

phiggystardust

Post by phiggystardust » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am

Hmmm
Looks like its a couple of injectors according to Indy or connections gonna be having a closer look nxt week , just wandering anyone got any out there and where is the cheapest place to get some !!
Gearbox not showing any faults so he is going to download some new software to see if that helps
Cheers phiggy
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

gareth82

Re:

Post by gareth82 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 pm

[quote=""phiggystardust""]Hmmm
Looks like its a couple of injectors according to Indy or connections gonna be having a closer look nxt week , just wandering anyone got any out there and where is the cheapest place to get some !!
Gearbox not showing any faults so he is going to download some new software to see if that helps
Cheers phiggy[/quote]

When I was searching, these guys where the cheapest I could find

http://www.dieseljones.co.uk/common-rai ... 10047.html
2001 X5 3.0d sport