Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door Handle Fix (E53)

How-To articles ONLY go here.
blingsta

Re: Door Handle Fix (E53)

Post by blingsta » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 am

My handle decided to give up on me last night, so i'll be following this guide within the next few days or so !!! very detailed by the way ! ;)

otas

Post by otas » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm

My wife just drove my X5 and broke the handle! She says it drives very nice, more like a tanks, but it's not very well built, if she can break the handle. Well, I wonder, being the lazy sort, If I could just peel off the card and do the ty-rap job without actually dismantling the handle?
Carbon black 3.0d exclusive, black ash, black leather 05 reg.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

[quote=""otas""]My wife just drove my X5 and broke the handle! She says it drives very nice, more like a tanks, but it's not very well built, if she can break the handle. Well, I wonder, being the lazy sort, If I could just peel off the card and do the ty-rap job without actually dismantling the handle?[/quote]
Not a chance, there not much space.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

otas

Post by otas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

[quote=""jeegnesh""][quote=""otas""]My wife just drove my X5 and broke the handle! She says it drives very nice, more like a tanks, but it's not very well built, if she can break the handle. Well, I wonder, being the lazy sort, If I could just peel off the card and do the ty-rap job without actually dismantling the handle?[/quote]
Not a chance, there not much space.[/quote]

OK, thanks for the bad news...

baner16

Post by baner16 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:54 pm

hi all
finally plucked up the courage to fix my door handle and ive got to say without this how to i would of been totaly lost
fiddlely but do able and now i can open my door without having to open my window
just like to say a massive thank you to sanj for doing this so easy to follow and very detailed
cheers carl
E71 30d

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Damn Carl, you're making be blush! :oops:

Appreciate the gratitude. :thumbsup:

No tie wraps, indian styley??? :lol:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

otas

Post by otas » Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Sanj, I have to thank you for great instruction how-to. I have tried the tie wrap strenghtened by superglue, but I realised I did not engage the spring, which holds the handle in and while attempting to engage the spring, it came apart. So I have drilled 2.5mm hole and used M2.5 screw and nut to hold it together, and superglued it all around. Now the spring is in place and my door handle works as it should. There is also a catch and geared lever to take care off, took a bit of fiddling.
Thanks again!
otas

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Very welcome mate - Jeegnesh must get some credit. It was his door handle that broke! And if anyone knows Jig, they know he gets others to get their hands dirty! Namely mine!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Look at the people we helped ;-)
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue May 31, 2011 8:17 pm

He's BACK!!!!

Run for the hills!!!! :-o

ITBarbie

Door Handle Fix (E53)

Post by ITBarbie » Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Jig

Long time no hear! Have you been too busy washing your car???? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

He does not have a car :poke:
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:57 am

Wait till you see my next new post, coming in a few minutes.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 am

[quote=""ITBarbie""]Hi Jig
Long time no hear! Have you been too busy washing your car???? :-)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
No this time is was extension and re-model, it is as tough as they all say.

Brutus

Post by Brutus » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Big Thanks. Even a numpty like me managed it with the help of this 'how to'. :thumbsup: