Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Went to the moving motor show of Goodwood (lots of pics)

General off-topic chat.
535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Went to the moving motor show of Goodwood (lots of pics)

Post by 535dboy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:54 pm

BMW invited me down for the first Moving Motor Show at the Goodwood FoS.

Parking was surprisingly easy.

Went straight to the Moving Motor Show which was a big Marquee with some of the bigger names in it. This was where the cars were lined up for the run up the hill.

It was quite crowded with all people just walking around the cars that were trying to get out to the hill climb but you felt right amongst it

We left there and went to the show stands where there was a good manufacturer prescence and Audi's stand looked as big as one of their dealerships!

After a look round it was back down to the Marquee to get my drive up the hill. Shortly before we were meant to go there was an accident in the marquee where the driver of a Mugen Type R Civic had some sort of health fit (apparently) and hit the accelerator and speared off in to the jaguar paddock, knocking one person down and running over another's foot ! Clearly this brought things to a standstill for about 2 hours (which was probably a bit too long really but that is H&S for you). We went off again and got back just as they were opening it all back up again. Tiff Needle was on hand to take the mick out of everybody and the events of the day.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=22157

Lucklily I was the first to get to drive off so we jumped in our X6M and headed for the start of the hill climb.

The chap that sat beside me was an instuctor at Thruxton and races Radicals. He allowed me to give it full beans off the start line and wow it sounds awesome. Drove all the way to the top and then back down a designated back road back to the Marquees.

Great fun and I loved the car

Here are my pics of the day

Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Went to the moving motor show of Goodwood (lots of pics)

Post by pvr » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:16 pm

Lots of nice pictures ... but who brought the Peugeot 406 in ???

X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.