Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Stickertone

Re: E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Stickertone » Wed May 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Right , I've tried all the above, replaced module etc, the only thing I haven't managed to do was to check the wiring on the back of the switch. Can anyone recommend me someone in or near to Hatfield Hertfordshire where I can take my car, hand over some money and drive away with phone car kit and music streaming capability. Thank you in advance

svvg

Post by svvg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I managed to get mine working when I first bought the car in October - cleared all the originally paired phones and then it worked fine.

But... after a recent round of Apple updates (I'm sure it's them....!!!!!) it no longer works. The telephone module won't show up in INPA or DIS - says can't connect to TCU... I've pulled the fuses - but not left them out for 15 minutes - so will try that and also put a voltmeter across them to check for continuity - they look fine, but guess they could be gone...

Is it obvious how to remove the phone cradle to check the wiring there? I've removed and reinstalled the TCU from the boot - but still no joy - so could have a problem with the phone cradle I suppose (my gf rams stuff in the phone cradle under the armrest as an extra cubby hole - so that could have damaged something I guess....)

Henrymum

E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Henrymum » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm

I am upgrading combox and couldnt figure out how to unplug Bluetooth/aerial connector. Does anybody know how to unplug it ? It is the one of the right yellow/pink.

crazyjack

Post by crazyjack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am

i follow this instruction,but it does work