Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone want to sell me their E53 X5???

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
MickyC

Post by MickyC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Because frankly, I'm struggling! I just want a nice, clean, standard car with a decent spec - is that too much to ask??

I'm really fed up of scrowling through adverts for 100,000+ mile diesels for a 'bargain' £11,000 - are they kidding?

The best one I have found so far is actually quite an old model, a 2000 X-reg with 75k, but the seller still wants £9k for it, which is just too much for a 10 year old car. It's worth £8k in my opinion, tops.

So, am I asking too much for my £9k-£10k budget? I'm quite flexible but roughly speaking:

3.0D or 4.4i V8 petrol, preferably with an LPG kit
Ideally a Sport, or an SE with leather sports seats
Less than 80k miles

Would like it also to have some or all of the following options:
Widescreen TV/sat nav
Heated seats
Sunroof
Removable towbar

So if anyone is thinking of selling one and is within a reasonable distance of Bucks, please let me know!!

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:11 am

with that spec i think you will struggle for that budget and mileage uou are wanting. plus, you wont get a widescreen television on an x reg car unless seller has added one. My best advice is to eitger stretch budget if that is what you ideally want, or look at higher mileage vehicles with fsh and ideally ones that have just had turbo or gearbox replaced thus you know you are safer for it. because at the end of the day a 75000 miler could be on its way to a turbo replacememt in 10,000 miles or so, so it may prove far more cost effective to opt for the higher mileage with a new turbo at lower price.....just an idea, but either way, these cars are expensive to own!! trust me!! had car for a year and spent over £1200 on it with bushes, water pump, crank case breather, diesel injectors, park sensors, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shocks

Re: Anyone want to sell me their E53 X5???

Post by shocks » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:14 am

MickyC

I'm prepping my 52 plate 55k, FSH 4.4 V8 Sport just now, black w/grey and most goodies you want except comms (sat nav - but has fitting for tomtom). I have a new E70 getting picked up at end of month so it's roughly couple of weeks from going on sale. Let me know if this fits your bill.

You can even see my discussion here on valuation viewtopic.php?f=8&t=478 - you'll find it's in your budget range
Current
Macan GTS
M135, the commuter
991 GT3 - The Toy III

History
E39 520 - family lugger
E53 4.4 Sport
E70-FL 4.0d M-Sport; Lots of toys
996 Turbo - The Toy
991 Cab S - The Toy II
numerous others...

MickyC

Re: Anyone want to sell me their E53 X5???

Post by MickyC » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Shocks - you have PM!