Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Post by X5Sport » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Must be non-BMW locks then?  Usually the Dealer's 'master set' gets them off with no issues.  Glad they're sorting it though.  :ok:

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

X Box

Re: The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Post by X Box » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Nice one. I took mine in for recall jobs today (bolt plus security one) although the experience was less pleasant as they wouldn't do the jobs (it was my local dealership) that the dealer I purchased from said I could have done under warranty.

After various phone calls the supplying dealer will now collect my car and leave me a replacement while the work is done (booked in for a couple of weeks time).

I am not a happy bunny tbh! >:(
People buy horsepower but drive torque!

Haywoon

Post by Haywoon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 pm

[quote="X Box"]

After various phone calls the supplying dealer will now collect my car and leave me a replacement while the work is done (booked in for a couple of weeks time).

[/quote]

That sucks - you'd think if its an approved BMW warranty then any BMW dealer should honour it.

Least the supplying dealer is going to sort it for you!

Haywoon

Post by Haywoon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Must be non-BMW locks then?  Usually the Dealer's 'master set' gets them off with no issues.  Glad they're sorting it though.  :ok:

Richard
[/quote]

Im honestly not sure - I spoke with the technician and he told me their master set costs them over £2k and is made out of hardened steel and he was having no joy.  Im not sure if they have been abused and rounded off or non-bmw lockers - either way they are sorting so happy days  :D

X Box

Post by X Box » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote="Haywoon"]
[quote="X Box"]

[/quote]

That sucks - you'd think if its an approved BMW warranty then any BMW dealer should honour it.

Least the supplying dealer is going to sort it for you!
[/quote]

That's what I thought and so did the supplying dealer - there were various fingers being pointed between the dealers which I won't bore you with the details of. Bottom line is at least it's getting sorted but I am still in a bad mood  >:(

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 pm

:thumbsup:

One of the best buying/ownership posting(s) I have seen on a dedicated car board for as long as I can remember.

Sincere thanks for taking the time to do this.............informative yet also enjoyable to read. I almost felt I was with you at the dealership at one point.

I will make this a sticky. I have been asking folk for ages to write an E70 buyers guide Whilst not all variants and engines are covered it will surely serve as a good reference for anyone considering an E70 &/or engaging with silver suits at main dealerships :)
Last edited by AW8 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:18 pm

great reading so far, i will come back later to read part 2, i just dont have the concentration span to do it in one!
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 pm

[quote="shadrack"]
great reading so far, i will come back later to read part 2, i just dont have the concentration span to do it in one!
[/quote]

I got bored after the word X5!!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

X Box

Post by X Box » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

>:( This was only made sticky to remind me I am in a bad mood  ;)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
[/quote]

But how long did it take you to read that far........or did tother half read it to you..  >:D

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
[quote="535dboy"]
[/quote]

But how long did it take you to read that far........or did tother half read it to you..  >:D
[/quote]

I was looking for the pictures!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm

:)) :)) :)) :))

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Superb write-up buddy.

Interesting read for sure.

What happened with your crap repair doorcard? I enquired with my parts lady for a pair of rear doorcards for my E53 with the sunblinds built in and she came back with a cost of £1,888.06 each......... :o

Imy

Post by Imy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 pm

took nearly my whole lunch time to read but excellent write up! informative and well composed.

Haywoon

Post by Haywoon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 pm

[quote="AW8"]
:thumbsup:

One of the best buying/ownership posting(s) I have seen on a dedicated car board for as long as I can remember.

Sincere thanks for taking the time to do this.............informative yet also enjoyable to read. I almost felt I was with you at the dealership at one point.

I will make this a sticky. I have been asking folk for ages to write an E70 buyers guide Whilst not all variants and engines are covered it will surely serve as a good reference for anyone considering an E70 &/or engaging with silver suits at main dealerships :)
[/quote]

Thanks very much - as I say - best way I felt I could put something back to a great forum.