Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to buy Brake consumables

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
John

Where to buy Brake consumables

Post by John » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 am

Lads,

my X (52 plate 3.0D sport)has the usual sticky front caliper issue at the mo, ive tried freeing it off, its worked slightly, but im just gonna get another caliper and change it out, might as well do the discs and pads while im at it.
Ive seen a lot of stuff on the bay, some of which seems very cheap, but im out of touch with the price of car parts(motorcycles are my thing) so these prices im seeing may be normalish.
Any recommendations on where to buy, what make of parts etc? I don't want to spend a fortune as like everyone else - im skint -  but don't want to put total cheap rubbish on either,

any input appreciated,

Cheers
02 X5 3.0D Sport

Nat

Re: Where to buy Brake consumables

Post by Nat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:39 am

You can't go wrong woth eurocarparts.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 am

Europarts are good, and their ''click and collect'' via the internet is usually cheaper still, the but you must do as it says, that is order and confirm 'on line' then go in and pay and collect.
Last weekend I saw the prices on line and went in to do the business, as I hadn't done the C and C could not have the parts at those prices, had to come home and do it via the net.
My fault , but bloody annoying that I had not read the T & C's.

Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

610kev

Post by 610kev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:38 pm

try mister auto

gmc15

Post by gmc15 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm

[quote="Nat"]
[/quote]

I use them quite a lot for bits for my cars. If you do a search on google for promotion codes you can often get up to 30% off when the code is entered at the checkout stage of ordering ;)
x6 M50d

storminmike
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by storminmike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 pm

[quote="gmc15"]
[quote="Nat"]
[/quote]

I use them quite a lot for bits for my cars. If you do a search on google for promotion codes you can often get up to 30% off when the code is entered at the checkout stage of ordering ;)
[/quote]

MGRORG25 get you 25% off at all times....unless there's a promo code (on the front screen of ECP) that betters it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't....and then those are time limited which this code isn't

Another however is they sometimes just deduct the discount (having bumped it a little) during promo periods like christmas when the codes just don't work....because they've already discounted. It will often say no codes required

I've bought batteries and a full set of pagid discs/pads before now. Infact I have some pagid rear discs pads shoes next to me for the wifes car. Been gathering dust since late autumn waiting for some nice weather

Buyer beware though....just because its discounted doesn't make it cheap. A bit like MFI or DFS the discounted price is competetive and perhaps the REAL prices and can nearly be equaled elsewhere.

Click and collect is good though.....as is free delivery with the van driver and a broken back with discs in hand
Last edited by storminmike on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoppy_70

Post by Hoppy_70 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Brakes international are great and provide most motor factors with their brake stock, but will sell direct to public.
Previous x5's

2004 3.0d E53 met blue
2004 4.4 E53 goldishy silver? LPG
2002 4.4 E53 silver
2002 4.4 E53 met blue

Dan1502

Post by Dan1502 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 pm

It's also worth trying bmminiparts.com to check the discounted price of genuine parts as sometime they can be suprisingly cheap.  If nothing else it will give you a bearing as to the difference between genuine and non-genuine.
2004 E53 3.0D Sport
2016 F25 X5 35D MSport

John

Post by John » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks for the replies Lads, ive priced the bits up from eurocarparts, around 250 for a caliper and 2 discs and set of pads, 20 odd quid to get back for the exchange caliper, not too bad, but I will investigate the others mentioned, thanks again :thumbup:
02 X5 3.0D Sport