Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can you believe it selling car

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
scooby1doo1

Can you believe it selling car

Post by scooby1doo1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:09 am

Selling car today and the bloody door handle as broken, just pulled it up and crack.
Any links to the problem ASAP please and a price.

Cheers

Sent from the Iphone via talktapa

LincsX5

Re: Can you believe it selling car

Post by LincsX5 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am

Cars do that when you want to sell them, think they get in a sulk  :))
There is a How-To here http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/https://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7 all about the joy of door handles that may be of use.
2008 E70 3.0D SE Dynamic kit
2006 SAAB 9-3 Aero
2004 E53 3.0D Sport. Heated steering wheel, Remote Aux heat, Arches, Skid plate. SOLD
2002 E46 318Ti SOLD
1972 Triumph Spitfire

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

Sods law, always happen to me, scrappys for a new one if poss???
Black BMW E70 35D

-----------------------------
Previous:
: Tuned Black E53 3.0D Sport
: Tuned and custom E46 facelift BMW 330ci clubsport in estroil blue

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

Cheers

It's going to my bro lol but still

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 am

Good luck with the handle and the sale.

Don

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm

The X as gone went on Sunday
I have ordered the offending part, fleabay £50 bargin. But looks like a good hr maybe 2 to fix it, this will now be done at the weekend.

Cheers for the help and link mate.

Last edited by scooby1doo1 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by jaynana » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 am

congrads on the sale! so what's next?  :P
Current: BMW 640i Convertible (320PS)
             Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 T FSI quattro (300 PS) SE STronic  8)
Previous: BMW X5 E53 Facelift 3.0d

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Well I'm glad in a way my bro has it, went on the bay and did not meet reserve. Went on for 1 week and went to £4800 then the week after for £4900.
I have now got an insignia estate and its no BM that's for sure, the driving position is pants and have yet not found a good position.
Steering wheel is crap and plasticky the worse in any car I have had TBH, but its got some good stuff on it or works good.

It's a SRI 160 diesel and had 12 miles on it when I got it, lots of low down torques but no real umph when above 3k. Just hope it goes better when run in or 1 remap will be on the cards, oh and mpg is ok at 43 same driving in the X is 18

Last edited by scooby1doo1 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:30 am

[quote="scooby1doo1"]
Mpg is ok at 43 same driving in the X is 18
[/quote]
Don't believe you, the X would have been so much more fun, capable and comfortable. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 am

[quote="Rusty"]
[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[/quote]
Don't believe you, the X would have been so much more fun, capable and comfortable. 

[/quote]

Why should one not believe me?  The AVG speed is 27mpg, out of the 220 miles done maybe half are motorway.
My bro is doing mostly motorway and getting 23 and dropping.

Can you explain abit more what part you have trouble with.
I can only go off the OBC from both cars, but did a brim test in the X once and was a tad over on the OBC. Capable and comfortable?? the seats yes the ride in the X sport was a tad harsh at times, potholes grates needed to be avoided.
Will take a picture of the OBC if this helps but as above need more info on what bit you think i'm lying about.
This is not no debate because its impossible to say that a 20k car is better  than a 40k car,  but times change and its what I need at this time so it's what i got.

Last edited by scooby1doo1 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[quote="Rusty"]
[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why should one not believe me?  The AVG speed is 27mpg, out of the 220 miles done maybe half are motorway.

I can only go off the OBC from both cars, but did a brim test in the X once and was a tad over on the OBC. Capable and comfortable?? the seats yes the ride in the X sport was a tad harsh at times, potholes grates needed to be avoided.
Will take a picture of the OBC if this helps but as above need more info on what bit you think i'm lying about.
This is not no debate because its impossible to say that a 20k car is better  than a 40k car,  but times change and its what I need at this time so it's what i got.

[/quote]
It was a tongue in cheek comment.  No offence intended or meant. That's all mate

3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Y13HYA

Post by Y13HYA » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:04 pm

I thought he meant 'he couldn't beleive you got rid of the X....rather than didn't believe MPG figures. IF anything for an insignia 160 CDTI those are quite modest figures TBH, i have seen some in the high 50s, low 60s....but those cars had over 80k on the engine not 12 miles lol. let it run in, do an early engine oil and filter change at around 1k... all is good.
[align=center]2003 Estoril Blue X5 4.6iS - LPG Converted  www.xenon-upgrades.co.uk[/align]

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:52 pm

[quote="Rusty"]
[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[quote="Rusty"]
[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It was a tongue in cheek comment.  No offence intended or meant. That's all mate

[/quote]

It's ok pal must have miss under stud

No worries

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm

[quote="Y13HYA"]
I thought he meant 'he couldn't beleive you got rid of the X....rather than didn't believe MPG figures. IF anything for an insignia 160 CDTI those are quite modest figures TBH, i have seen some in the high 50s, low 60s....but those cars had over 80k on the engine not 12 miles lol. let it run in, do an early engine oil and filter change at around 1k... all is good.
[/quote]

The first day I got it it was in 57mpg but settled down at 42-43 now, doing more town runs as I was off work last week.

So now back at work I would expect it to go to high 40's at least.
The X went mainly because it was not needed no more, and £100 a week in fuel was getting expensive.

Y13HYA

Post by Y13HYA » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm

[quote="scooby1doo1"]
[quote="Y13HYA"]
[/quote]

The first day I got it it was in 57mpg but settled down at 42-43 now, doing more town runs as I was off work last week.

So now back at work I would expect it to go to high 40's at least.
The X went mainly because it was not needed no more, and £100 a week in fuel was getting expensive.

[/quote]

Of course. That would just be throwing money away especially if you werent using it as much.  :)
[align=center]2003 Estoril Blue X5 4.6iS - LPG Converted  www.xenon-upgrades.co.uk[/align]