Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pics of my X5 30d Msport

kenniff

Re: Pics of my X5 30d Msport

Post by kenniff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm

[quote="markda"]
The interior looks lovely and great color combination, but like so many I am unconvinced with the looks at this stage.  Personally speaking, if I was in the market for a SUV of that size right now I'd buy the new RRS which looks frankly stunning inside and out.
[/quote]

I hear what you say and agree about the RRS. F15 looks growing on me though, and I liked it enough to buy one already.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Don't you dare......I had enough trouble getting HRH to go for the one we have... >:D :))

Coz I'm a nice Dad I will consider one for the first replacement O:-)

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

davyk31

Post by davyk31 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:37 pm

RRS does indeed look superb, main issue is the cost. Negligible discounts and higher interest rates along with higher list prices in a like for like comparison make it well over £100 extra per month for me and that was before adding any options to the RRS.

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:15 pm

i never got to a true price comparison as the snooty RR dealers refused to give me a trade in price. I went to see them in August and said I wanted to change cars in December. They said I wouldn't get the RRS HSE until April / May next year and that as that was so far away they couldn't give me a trade in price til nearer the time. But if I wanted to part with £500 then they'd be in touch.....

I was gobsmacked and phoned around 4 other dealers only to get the same story. So, it may be that I couldn't afford it either as I doubt they'd have given me the PX that BMW did. Anyway, if you cant be with the one you love, love the one you're with....
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

jaynana
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by jaynana » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

[quote="davyk31"]
And as regards the heated rear seats don't you nasty men have kids sitting in the back of the car on freezing leather ............ I'm a good Daddy and they love me lol.
[/quote]

naah, not worth trying to heat their bums thru child seats.

heated steering? :hmmm:
Current: BMW 640i Convertible (320PS)
             Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 T FSI quattro (300 PS) SE STronic  8)
Previous: BMW X5 E53 Facelift 3.0d

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by snipez999 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Dealer told me they will hold prices fast for first 2.5 years as is completely new model not an LCI jobby so if changing regularly you'd get it back on the p'ex price - though I still achieved around 4k of extras at no additional cost as opposed to a discount on the base car price.  And who knows how many miles or what torture you would put on your car between now and March so its a fair comment really.  We put a 2k deposit on the order and got them to run a p'ex price check on same model car with 5k extra miles on the clock to give us an idea on what the p'ex will be worth when it comes time to seal the deal.  Getting a p'ex quote off them 4 weeks before the changeover date is not unreasonable and you could look to shift privately if not happy with the deal offered.

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

My dissatisfaction with RR was based upon having to wait 9 months to get one. As more than 1 dealer commented, they feel most of the build slots are going overseas.....

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:15 am

It wasn't so long ago that ordering an E53 diesel resulted in a 14 month wait.  Diesels were then 'special order vehicles' and only made in batches not as now whenever ordered.  V8's were so plentiful you'd think Vauxhall made them.

I had to wait ten months for mine - thanks to a dealer managing to pinch another dealer's slot...  :D

It was still a long wait.. :'(

Richard
Last edited by X5Sport on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 am

A couple of weeks into ownership and i continue to be very happy with the new motor.

As for the discussion on looks, I think it looks great in the flesh, even though I was none too sure when I saw the brochures. I had it parked next to an x3 the other day and anyone who can't tell them apart should be banned from driving by the DVLA.

Eaglesrest

Post by Eaglesrest » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 am

It's a handsome motor, nothing like an X3 to look at really. In it's day I reckon the E70 was a better looker, but I'm more than happy to trade external looks for the vastly improved interior and ride quality, and the tech upgrades.

How are you getting on with said ride quality? Do you leave the suspension in Comfort mode? I found it very compliant in Comfort, even Sport mode gave a smoother ride than my F11 SE on Winter Wheels (non-RFT).

Any issues to report - wayward door seals, 'Drive Train Malfunction'? Did you get the LCD instrument panel, with orange line graphics at the bottom?

Mine still hasn't gone into production yet. Not so much an issue but it's sooooo tempting to keep adding options on. I've been busily trying to justify switching to the 40d this AM but haven't quite managed it (yet) probably for the best lol

Lee4.8is

Post by Lee4.8is » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Pleased you are enjoying it, I am yet to see one in the metal so will look forward to seeing one, really like the interior & those new steering wheels Beemer are using at the moment are lovely.
Current...E90 330i M Spt Blue/Black  2006
              640d M Spt Blue/White 2012

Previous...
Audi TTS Black 2012
E53 X5 4.8iS  Blue 2004
               E92 M3 White 2009
               E85 Z4 MR 2006
               E61 520d  2009
               E90 330d  2006
               TVR Cerbera 4.5 1998

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:45 pm

[quote="Eaglesrest"]
It's a handsome motor, nothing like an X3 to look at really. In it's day I reckon the E70 was a better looker, but I'm more than happy to trade external looks for the vastly improved interior and ride quality, and the tech upgrades.

How are you getting on with said ride quality? Do you leave the suspension in Comfort mode? I found it very compliant in Comfort, even Sport mode gave a smoother ride than my F11 SE on Winter Wheels (non-RFT).

Any issues to report - wayward door seals, 'Drive Train Malfunction'? Did you get the LCD instrument panel, with orange line graphics at the bottom?

Mine still hasn't gone into production yet. Not so much an issue but it's sooooo tempting to keep adding options on. I've been busily trying to justify switching to the 40d this AM but haven't quite managed it (yet) probably for the best lol
[/quote]

On the ride quality, tbh I find it perfectly acceptable in Sport or Comfort, the reality is that as every time you start the engine it defaults to Comfort I don't often change it - most of my driving is short local hops with kids in the back. I reckon I'll change it on those rare occasions I'm on my own on a country road :). I have tried Eco Pro a few times and its quite nice the way it tells you how many extra miles you can now get based on it. Again, a lot of my driving suits the application of this mode although the fact that I have to select it means I'll probably forget a lot.

No issues to report. I thought I had a defective rear wiper yesterday when I jumped in the care and tried to use it to clear the rear screen. However, I have now learned that the rear wiper doesnt work when the boot is open! For some reason the boot had not shut properly (dont know why but it could be something to do with my young son trying to use the remote to shut it previously?). Anyway, all sorted now.

What is the LCD instrument panel? The one i have looks like normal dials?

Re the 40d...I guess it depends what you are comparing it to. My 30d is undoubtably faster than my 4 year old 35d - which I thought was perfectly fast enough. That said, the 40d must be REALLY nippy :)

Eaglesrest

Post by Eaglesrest » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Thanks for the update, all sounds great! A top early xmas present  :xmasevil:

Apparently the US cars come with 2 types of instrument cluster depending on which options they order. I think things like HUD, and Driver Assist will add the option, but maybe even something as simple as the Speed Limit Display.

The LCD one is here (note the cooler graphics at the bottom):

and without LCD:

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:19 am

Had to look at these at home, as my work pc doesnt let the pics through... I think I have the basic one as i dont recall seeing those thin orange lines - though I do have the compass thingy. But then I dont have Driver Assist or HUD.

davyk31

Post by davyk31 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Kenniff how are you finding the vents between arch and wing, these are really putting me off the car as I am a fanatic about a clean car! The couple of demos I have seen both had very dirty front doors due to spray coming through. Would be good to hear from an owner.