Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Paint defect

allforus

Paint defect

Post by allforus » Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Just found a mark on the edge of the drivers door as if it had been opened too far before the retaking strap was fitt and it's creased the door and been poorly touched up

What should I expect from bmw if I had spotted the mark I would not have taken the car so a bit miffed with my self

Don't realy fancy the car been painted at a month old
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Paint defect

Post by X5Sport » Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 pm

I had mine repolished when it wasn't much older as well as the bonnet re-sprayed.  It should have been picked up by BMW at Thorne but wasn't! 

I had what looked like dust stuck in the paint in several places so BMWs much vaunted ostrich feather dust off pre paint preparation system doesn't work.

An incontinent seagull caused the bonnet damage and it was very badly repaired by Thorne.  Local Dealer has a proper BMW Bodyshop on site (one of only a few apparently) and they did a much better job.

Take it back and demand they sort it.  I didn't see all of it at delivery either.  My wife (14" shorter than me) saw the faults.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

allforus

Post by allforus » Fri May 02, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks I will reported it but need to take it through they have a bmw body shop as well so with a bit of luck it should be ok
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

bobgolden

Post by bobgolden » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:59 am

Did you get this sorted out ?
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)

allforus

Post by allforus » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Haven't had it done yet can't make up my mind needs door and wing painted so not confident I will not be able it's been done
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

bobgolden

Post by bobgolden » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:46 am

I know exactly how you feel. When the dealer took my order he told me the White was difficult to match and I have a distant memory of a reader complaining to one of the motoring magazines/columns that his BMW was 2 different shades.

Somewhat surprisingly, my LR dealer managed a really good match on my Nara Bronze when they scuffed the arch down to plastic and I think they only used a SMART repair guy.

Fingers crossed BMW get it sorted for you.

Have you managed to keep the sills scuff free ?  I'm thinking of getting them wrapped in the clear protective film.
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)

allforus

Post by allforus » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Have managed to keep the sills scuff free but it would be a good idea too wrapp them they get filithy with  mud but i tried a set of front flaps held up to tge arch but didnt like the look of them

Got the car back today new tow bar and all 13 pins wired up :)
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d