Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Black Beauty

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
LeotheLion

Black Beauty

Post by LeotheLion » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Evening All

Just picked up my E53 3.0d Sport this week and loving it. I was meant to be getting an auto estate, preferably a 535d touring - auto because I have become bored of changing gears myself unless I am in something exciting, touring to protect the interior from the dog and twin turbo lump because of its rocketship qualities - but then as soon as my mate who is a dealer showed me this for a friendly price I knew it was inevitable.... always had a soft spot for the X5!

Got fresh MOT and tax, 85k with FSH and good provenance and with a relatively sensible right foot not as thirsty as I was fearing. I have had a 530d for the last 4 years so have become accustomed to 40 mpg plus.

Overall I'm really happy with it although have a wheel wobble problem at 40 - 60 mph which I knew about before buying. The local BMW dealer checked and said it is down to the non-OEM 20s and rubber on it. I will go and post in the right section though and see if anybody has any further advice on that!

Cheers

Leo

ImageImage
E53 3.0d Sport
Facelift 54 plate