Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DAB Radio reception

bobgolden

DAB Radio reception

Post by bobgolden » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 pm

When I picked the car up today, there was no DAB radio signal at the dealers yet the Discovery DAB radio was fine. Coming home, it picked up my usual station but kept clipping out momentarily. I'll work my way through the manual over the next few days but does anyone else have these symptoms or do I need to retune the DAB ensemble ?
X5 xDrive 30D M Sport (F15)

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Re: DAB Radio reception

Post by pvr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

It is rubbish, mine hardly ever works.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Mine works just fine.  DAB was never originally designed for cars and there will be issues if you are distant from the transmitter.

Might be worth getting it checked in case there is an aerial fault - goes for you too pvr.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Dr C

Post by Dr C » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am

I regularly get DAB signal dropouts on my weekly commute from Edinburgh to Aberdeen (M90/A90) and back. Drove back home to Edinburgh from Yorkshire on Sunday (A1/A66/M6/M74/A702) and had several longish dropouts. I think it's similar thing to having no mobile signal, i.e., out of range as a previous poster alluded to. It's curious to note however, that my Mark 7 VW Golf is much better on the same routes which would suggest it's more of an issue with the car itself?!?! Who knows  ::)
Current:
F15 X5 M50d
Mark 7 VW Golf GTD

Johnny CM

Post by Johnny CM » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:57 am

I'm just waiting for my X5 M Sport to be delivered before the end of the month and downloaded the iPhone app. I also have a two year old Z4 so tried out the BMW radio app on it but it was rubbish and kept buffering/dropping out although I had a 4G signal. So I reverted back to my 'normal' method of listening to internet radio [iPhone app for worldwide radio progs] via bluetoth and it worked perfectly with no buffering/dropouts. Seems like the BMW app is crap - same as the GPS where we still can't enter GPS co-ordinates....
>:
2015 X5 MSport 30D
2013 Z4