Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3.0d cranking taking longer....

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Bench

Re: 3.0d cranking taking longer....

Post by Bench » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Had the exact same problem with mine. Turned out to be injectors too (had two replaced)....funnnily enough that was after i replaced 2 glow plugs and the battery lol!!!

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm

bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: 3.0d cranking taking longer....

Post by Smeeagain » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

in terms of sticky injectors does anything like STP, Redex etc work before resorting to replacing them. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and see it I notice any difference - would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the effectivity of such products

Smee

BL02WAS

Post by BL02WAS » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:08 pm

i personally wouldnt use any of that, not good. with regards to the injectors, there is a seal which fails that then allows blow by of fuel past the seal when warm, thus you lose the pressure in the rail and takes that bit longer to crank to start as it has to pressure and prime that line, off 7 bar fuel pressure, once engine and main fuel pump is running then there is pressure a plenty so no symptoms, but seriously wouldnt use these type of products, it wont solve it. you need to get them done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk