Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

On my second 3 series, thinking ahead for our next car

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
StuBeeDoo

On my second 3 series, thinking ahead for our next car

Post by StuBeeDoo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Good evening all, my name's Stuart.

I currently drive an E46 330d, which I've had just over a year.  Before that I had an E30 320i touring with a 2.7 running on LPG for nearly 10 years.

With advancing years both Wor Lass and myself (we're both late 50s) are starting to find getting into and out of saloons awkward.  She has several friends/colleagues with Qashqais and the like and finds them easier than the E46.  I've said that I refuse to have anything to do with anything other than a BMW with a 3ltr diesel, so we will be looking for an E83 at some point in the future.

So, I plan on loitering here for a while until she decides to retire (when we will then only need one car, she currently has a Berlingo for her work as a community nurse) and then the hunt for a suitable X3 can start in earnest.  Now I'm off for a look around.........
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: On my second 3 series, thinking ahead for our next car

Post by X5Sport » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Whatever you decide.....keep the 330 E46!  Ours is now 9 years old (had it from new) and still brings a grin every time it gets given a bootful.  But yes it is getting harder to get in and out of... :-[

And :hi:

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Welcome

Don

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New 2 bmw

Post by Sanj » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 am

:hi:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome, chaps.  :thumbsup:

[quote="X5Sport"]
Whatever you decide.....keep the 330 E46![/quote] Nice thought, but unlikely to happen.  Where we live parking space is hard to come by.  Currently the Berlingo lives in the garage and I have to park the 330d wherever I can get it (sometimes 200+mtrs from the house), but once an X3 comes our way that will get the garage.  I've never been into weekend cars.  The only reason we have two at the moment is that we both need cars for work.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)