Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

'Send to car' function

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
Cat Man

'Send to car' function

Post by Cat Man » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi,

I've a 2009 X5 (pre-facelift) running disc based nav with an active ConnectedDrive subscription...

Question is, is Send to Car, through BMW website - or BMW Remote app, meant to work on my vehicle?? I get the option to send, the mobile app says my car has the feature, I get the message to say it has sent successfully but nothing ever gets to my car.

Anyone with experience of this, I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks
C

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 'Send to car' function

Post by X5Sport » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Have you got an account username and password linked with that vehicle?

If your software up to date in the car?

Try ringing the Connecteddrive help desk on their freephone number.  It might be a configured issue.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:01 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Have you got an account username and password linked with that vehicle?

If your software up to date in the car?

Try ringing the Connecteddrive help desk on their freephone number.  It might be a configured issue.
[/quote]

Emailed BMW....  awaiting reply

gileso

Post by gileso » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 pm

We have the same system in our X5. BMW and app were both hit and miss, but google maps worked every time. You will need a google account, and link it to your car (can't remember how, I think through the VIN number or reg plate) and then it was seamless. Stopped using it now as subscription expired and it is v expensive just for this facility (on pre-LCI cars the functionality is limited - 'send to car' and remote unlock only I think).
Now: E70 SE 40d 2011
Previous: E70 M-Sport 35d 2009

bluestreak56

Post by bluestreak56 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:30 pm

[quote="gileso"]
We have the same system in our X5. BMW and app were both hit and miss, but google maps worked every time. You will need a google account, and link it to your car (can't remember how, I think through the VIN number or reg plate) and then it was seamless. Stopped using it now as subscription expired and it is v expensive just for this facility (on pre-LCI cars the functionality is limited - 'send to car' and remote unlock only I think).
[/quote]

The google system is different to what the op is asking about although may use the same account details..