Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Items missing from car spec?

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Secret X driver

Items missing from car spec?

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi all, newbie here from the UK, followed the site for quite some time now and have to say very interesting reading and topics from all on the site. As the title hints I'm just wondering if any other members have noticed items missing from the spec of their cars compared to what you thought you would get as per the company website and configuration for the uk market cars? In particular for new model current cars? Can't post pics at the moment as need to stay anonymous! All may become clear in time....... To be continued!

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Items missing from car spec?

Post by Horizon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:15 pm

[quote="Secret X driver"]
Hi all, newbie here from the UK, followed the site for quite some time now and have to say very interesting reading and topics from all on the site. As the title hints I'm just wondering if any other members have noticed items missing from the spec of their cars compared to what you thought you would get as per the company website and configuration for the uk market cars? In particular for new model current cars? Can't post pics at the moment as need to stay anonymous! All may become clear in time....... To be continued!
[/quote]

What things like
Heated seats
Bluetooth
Music streaming
DAB radio
5 years warranty
Voice activation

Yes a transit van might come with them as standard.
But we're talking about a BMW here.
Sorry to hear your disappointed Mam, should have stuck with the Rangerover. Love to Philip and the Corgies.
Last edited by Horizon on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

Secret X driver

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:01 pm

A little more info then to help you understand the issue a little more, any 7 seater F15 drivers/owners noticed that you don't get what they promise on the website and then quote the disclaimer about reserving the right to change/amend or alter the specification of any vehicle so you may not get what you think you are getting? Have a read of the online description of what the rear seating (7 seat option gets the rear row passengers)
So not transit or regal or a Range Rover driver any more as they are now too expensive for me ! Happy reading if only out of interest ! SXD

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:44 pm

If it's happening they aren't the only ones.  Skoda have currently underestimated the demand for the new Superb and do not have enough of the options in stock to provide.  The spec changes every week and because there is a disclaimer, purchasers have little if any comeback other than to reject the car they get - but only if the manufacturer or dealer fails to inform them of the changes.

There are many many examples of the same thing across the whole warehouse of things we can buy.  Anything that carries the E & OE term is the same.  Manufacturers can invoke it any time they like.

So what's your beef?
Last edited by X5Sport on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Secret X driver

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi there and I do agree about how common it is becoming especially in the motor game. Have a read of the sales pitch/ description for the 7 seat option on the new F15 X5. The reply from a "brand genius " is way wide of the mark in my opinion and not what you would expect from BMW, I don't believe it was a corporate response , rather somebody just politely saying go away ! SXD

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Not so good.  If it happened to me I wouldn't accept the car.  Not what I ordered.  Not signed for, not mine.... :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Secret X driver

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Ah if only that was an option but sadly not and I can't say I wouldn't want to have had the car as its really really nice and the family love it. It's more an issue of they shouldn't say it online and then use the T&C's and disclaimer to wriggle out of it, that is more what I'd expect from lesser manufacturers than BMW . The real point that grinds is the tone of the response from the brand genius who would definitely benefit from retraining! SXD