Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Standard Business Media Pack vs Professional

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
standleym

Standard Business Media Pack vs Professional

Post by standleym » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi guys

Just about to order my X3, but after some clarity on the standard sat nav system and the benefits of the upgraded professional pack. Any initial thoughts or advice? Only been able to get my hands on cars with the upgraded system in and wondering if its really worth paying extra for?

Am i right in thinking that you can access ConnectedDrive on the standard system, after paying a relatively small fee? Meaning you can access apps like spotify directly?

Pinewood

Re: Standard Business Media Pack vs Professional

Post by Pinewood » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:01 am

I have the professional media package.  Yes you can connect to streaming services (i don't bother) on the pro version.
Don't beleive you can on the business version.
The usb port in the centre console provides me with all the music i need. Pro media also allows video playback (useful if you have kids),from the aforementioned usb stick.
Wide screen sat nav is so much better than the standard. It provides quicker real time traffic updates compared to business, which can mean the difference between getting re-routed or joining the back of a jam.
Split screen info is useful but not essential, but why not use the extra screen real estate in the pro version.
As regards the cost,  well i think it is. For my job i visit different customers daily, having a wide screen with connected drive means the car has my next destination before i even get into it (via the app i send it to the car),  using split screen and arrow view is visually excellent.

From a purely cosmetic point of view, the screen takes up the whole binnacle, and looks way way better than the business version. Lastly, the business version would be a constant reminder that i had the inferior version.
Last edited by Pinewood on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

allforus

Post by allforus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi I have business nav in the X1 and pro in the x5 I would go for the professional every time the business nav did not come with connected drive and is another £240 via the connected drive portal plus £? For remote £? For rtti etc
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

MattX

Post by MattX » Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 am

Have a read of this if you're in any doubt as to whether you want the professional upgrade.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showth ... p?t=752907

I got the hard copy with my 2012 car and it shows details of both business and pro nav.  It's comprehensively better.  You're not just getting a bigger screen.