Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyres

Nat

Re: Tyres

Post by Nat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 am

Hi,

I have stuck to the Dunlops as they came as std fitment on my E70.
I have found them really good and have never struggled for grip or had any "moments" with them and i do drive in a spirited fashion.
Currently on Pirelli scorpion 20 RFT 's" winter tyres and they are really good too.

Both are BMW rated and have the star on the tyre.

MarkP80

Post by MarkP80 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

[quote="Nat"]
Hi,

Good point well made. However its clear to me given  my experience the rating was worth diddly squat .
I paid the extra to have them fitted on the drive. For the record The  Premier Mobile fitting had the highest rating of all. 5 starts . I would give them zero.

So whilst you make a very valid point , sadly having looked at the reviews it still went horribly wrong. Furthermore it seems that black circles have no control over the fitters nor do the fitters give a flying you know what about black circles.

Like I said ,my personal experience ( twice ) has taught me that  I wouldn't touch them with yours.
[/quote]
Wow, sounds like you had a terrible experience there Nat, thanks for sharing your experience - no wonder you wouldn't use them again. Also, poor of Black Circles not to be interested. Did you give the fitter a review? sounds like you had a bit of feedback to share!
I've personally used a local tyre place which has given good service several, then found they were listed with Black Circles. So I still use them but get cheaper tyres.
As a few people have said, getting a decent place that looks after expensive alloys can be very hit and miss.

Cheers,
MarkP

Nat

Post by Nat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Mark,

Yes i left them a terrible review on Trustpilot which they tried to stop. They failed.
I don't normally do social media , but they were so bad and arrogant and it made me so angry  that I registered and named and shamed so that other people don't use them and go through the same shit i did.
As you said , I don't understand whats so difficult about supply/ fitting tyres and why it can't be done properly and in a timely fashion. The potential for repeat business is open ended .

X5msd

Post by X5msd » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello all
Tyres now fitted
I have to say,it feel completely different to the p zero
The zeros were carp
It's feels less bouncy,turns sharper and trams a lot less
Wet performance is also very good
I'm really quite amazed at the difference
I'd always drive sport mode,but now drive in comfort
Feels really good
Did buy from black circles
Had a really good fitter

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Which tyre did you go for? Dunlop?

Sent from my iPhone
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

X5msd

Post by X5msd » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Mine are the 21 maxx sport gt

X5msd

Post by X5msd » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:14 pm

[quote="X5msd"]
Mine are the Dunlop 21 maxx sport gt
[/quote]

sarg

Post by sarg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:52 pm

I've just replaced mine all round with the same as before, Goodyear Assymetric F1s all round on 19" standard M Sport wheels, cost me £630 for all 4 from Oponeo delivered, fitted by Sytner Coventry at same time as some other warranty work.

No complaints from me, previous set lasted around 20k miles and rears still have about 3-3.5 mm left so they are sat in my garage 'just in case'

MarkG_M3CP

Post by MarkG_M3CP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:02 pm

[quote="sarg"]
I've just replaced mine all round with the same as before, Goodyear Assymetric F1s all round on 19" standard M Sport wheels, cost me £630 for all 4 from Oponeo delivered, fitted by Sytner Coventry at same time as some other warranty work.

No complaints from me, previous set lasted around 20k miles and rears still have about 3-3.5 mm left so they are sat in my garage 'just in case'
[/quote]

Blimey, for £630 they've got to be worth looking at.

I'm semi-convinced I'll go for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (non run-flats) as when I switched on the F30 the ride was transformed!
Current: F80 M3 Competition Package and F20 M135i
Gone: F15 X5 M50d / F30 335d xDrive M Sport / E92 LCI 320d M Sport / E46 320d M Sport Touring / E46 318i Touring

sarg

Post by sarg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:52 pm

[quote="MarkG_M50d"]
Blimey, for £630 they've got to be worth looking at.[/quote]

Just checked my invoice, it was £680 sorry, not £630, that's these on the rear

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/go ... #131536844

and the slightly narrower equivalents on the front

Seems they are a little more now but still great value and choice of alternatives on that site too