Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone know this 4.8?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Anyone know this 4.8?

Post by graemeX5 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi

Although it says full BMW history I'm sure BMW wouldn't by pass the air suspension, and the question is why as it now won't work as it was supposed when first built.

Then looking at the MoT info for it there were quite a few issues noted and also the tyres were down to the cord more than once, which I would question the level of maintenance carried out, but each to their own.

I would suggest if truely interested actually viewing the car is a must, as they can be different in the flesh.

The reason for saying this is I looked at a car two weeks back and again although it had a new paint job it was masked up round the windows and not done well, and the rest of the car looked Ike it had been put back together in a big hurry and badly done, so I didnt bid, but I was glad I went to see it to decide and that was up for £7,500 

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

sleepyfolk

Post by sleepyfolk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Pretty sure that's been on eBay or auto trader not long ago, doesn't look like it's been on the road since February and the seller has low feedback but interestingly the last four purchases were from a scrappy style parts seller, last mot shows they were driving around with bald tyres so maybe not the best maintained example out there, the suspension would put me off to be honest. worth doing a quick HPI type check for a few quid to see the written off/export/number plate status.
Service history I'd check with BMW before believing any of it.
Lack of mot history seems a bit odd, even if was written off and put back on a different plate I didn't think that made a difference? It doesn't come up as exported on a free check, weird. Can't say as I ever think much of eBay sellers that have that sort of history and haven't had accounts very long, and want deposits.
There's been some 4.6 and 4.8's kicking around for a while so make sure you don't over pay cos they don't shift quickly, what number is he thinking of it starting with?
Last edited by sleepyfolk on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E53 X5 4.6is Carbon Black 2003
Mercedes CLK 320
Audi A6 Quattro 2.4

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:18 pm

Basically it hasn't got full BMW history, it's been done, ( according to the seller ), by his local garage, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but why lie about it.
It's wrong on so many counts, so a massive swerve around this one me thinks.

Denis O

Post by Denis O » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:41 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
[quote="Denis O"]
So, what exactly are "age related dents" as this has 4 of them.

Do they appear, automatically, after year 4, 6 and 8 or is there some other mystical way that a dent can be age related.
[/quote]

Same sort of thing as women get, and we men get told off for mentioning..... >:D
[/quote]

That might lose you a few brownie points on here Richard  :o

I don't care. Mine were lost a long time ago  O:-)
06 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC
05 Mercedes SL350

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:05 pm

[quote="weirdfish"]
Just wondering if this car is known to anyone on here.
I've done a quick MOT history check and it will only show me the latest one, ( not go back 5 years ).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-X5-4-8IS- ... Sww5hZOIw2
[/quote]

Too many 'unusual' questions surrounding this car. let it go. there will always be another one

Smee

centurion

Post by centurion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:29 pm

It could have been in NI hence no MoT records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:35 am

As Smee says let this one go
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:49 pm

It's been swerved by me.
Just a bit more info though, it came from Scotland previously, and all but 1 service is BMW.