Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5 Sport

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Beamer

X5 Sport

Post by Beamer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:55 pm

Guys, trying to get the feelers out. What would an X5 sport face lift model, 2006 with 102K be worth. The car is in good condition. Just trying to see what it would be worth as a trade in.

Cheers Beamer

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: X5 Sport

Post by AW8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:05 am

Depends on a number of factors......

Colours....outside & interior...(I think yours has black paint according to info under your username).

Engine type ?

Auto or manual ?

Comms pack ?

Service History ?

Service lights remaining until next service ?

Genuine appraisal of mechanical & cosmetic condition including alloys (trade will hammer you for scratched panels, scuffed rims etc).

Any major work done ?

Options/Spec ?

MOT months remaining ?

Tyre & Brake condition ?

Anything not working or needing sorting ?

Pre March 2006 tax hike or top rate VED ?

Your query re value is as a trade in....Unless the forecourt you buy from has similar age & type of stock,  the p/x price is likely to be based on what the trader might get less fees under the hammer at auction.

The recent diesel hate in media won't help.

If the car is a good spec & trim with decent options fresh tyres and brakes...wanting nothing to retail then maybe £4k if trader will retail it or has a buyer in mind. The further it is from that descrption the lower the money....nearer 2k. ( A major service plus brakes and tyres is £2k prep assuming one of these is perfect in all other regards).

A trader buying your car will be motivated by his or her profit not looking after yours. The other factor is whatever you are changing into. You might get what seems to be an acceptable offer on yours from a trader, however, the value of the next car needs factoring too.

Not wishing to appear like I am trying to be clever or condacending but there are lots of factors that make it difficult to give you an accurate figure. Wisebuyers guide online will give some idea.
Last edited by AW8 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Beamer

Post by Beamer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 am

Tried webuyanycar.com and they offered £5250 so at 4K I think you are way under value. Nothing needing done to the car and in very good condition.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:22 am

Why are you thinking of getting rid Chris is it the VED.

Beamer

Post by Beamer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 am

Was just wondering what it's worth. Have not made my mind up.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am

Hi

All these buy any car places offer you a value subject to inspection so was this after they viewed the car? If not then they will for every mark stone chip tear etc they will reduce the price they give you.

If you have a look on autotrader pistonheads eBay you can see lots of X5's for sale and if in good condition if being sold by a dealer and it was say a 3.0d 2006 low road tax and good miles etc they are even asking between £7-8k but they would give finance and warranty to any prospective buyer plus they are trying to make a profit and cover overheads

I had a quick check and there are some being offered for even more by dealers but as a private sale the price would need to be lower say 6.5k as if you go higher then buyers may go to a dealer due to more security with a warranty etc..

Probably the best thing to do when decided on a price put it up for sale  see what happens you can always drop it but it's hard to go up. Also you can use the buy and sell section on here.

Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:03 am

[quote="Beamer"]
Tried webuyanycar.com and they offered £5250 so at 4K I think you are way under value. Nothing needing done to the car and in very good condition.
[/quote]

Yes but bear in mind his original response - AW8 asked you for all the info, which we don't have sight of, but when you go on webuyanycar you type in your reg and they immediately know the full spec (albeit they don't know the condition. So I think you're being a bit harsh saying he 'is way under value" - he clearly spent a fair bit of time on putting together that reply to you. It was simply his best guess based on huge lack of relevant information. As Graeme said webuyanycar will soon knock you down as soon as they see it - they do that in pretty much every instance.

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am

[quote="Beamer"]
[/quote]

An 11 year old car "in very good condition' - highly possible, although that is very much subjective.

An 11 year old X5 with "nothing needing done" to it - highly unlikely  :))

Beamer

Post by Beamer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 am

Well than you for you replied.

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 pm

I have been playing around with WBA car for 10 months,prices from £1620-2250 that's without seeing the car

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Just my two pence.......however touchy we are about how valuable we think our Xes are, the E53 is in motoring terms rather ancient now.  Added to which, mileage over 100k is a definite issue when it comes to resale, however much we might know or feel that it is not an issue.  And it does not matter a jot what people advertise their cars for, it is what they actually sell for that really counts. Pistonheads is full of wishful thinkers who believe their beloved motor is worth far more than others will ever pay for it.
At the end of the day, a 2006 vehicle over 100,000 miles, is still a "high miler" that is now 11 years old, and howver pristine it is, it is only worth whatever a buyer will pay - I honestly think trade are likely to offer you possibly £3k-£4k for it, and as for WBAC, they are notorious for their wonderful offers which are battered down the instant they see the car.  Of course, as has been pointed out, you have not given a lot of detail about it, so some assumptions have to be made, just as AW8 did. Good luck with the sale. 
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks to those who supprorted my earlier post.

BMW X5 (2000-07)
5Dr Station Wagon 3.0d Sport Rev 03 (2006)

Car valuation adjusted for 102,000 miles
Retail: £4,850
Private Good: £4,440
Private Average: £3,500
Private Poor: £2,830
Part Exchange  £3,840
Trade: £3,567

The above was the return I got this evening from a trusted used price guide (not parkers! ). I have comsistently  found this source of valuations to be more accurate than known trade guides. I got the valuation "guide" pricing after I read the OP reply which took issue with my initial approximate valuation. It seems that according to the website I since used that I may have overvalued off top of my head by £160.....Must try harder  ;)

I have been following E53 prices on and off for 12 years & am familiar with the factors that can cause a p/x price to be provided by the trade. I also have contacts in the trade including main dealers and indy forecourt owners. I have lost count of the number of E53 X5's  I have viewed, driven or enquired about for myself or others. The trade bid hard on these as proper prep or post sale issue costs can wipe out slim margins.

Some trade insight....I recently had opportunity to buy another BMW model that would need hardly any prep to retail trade in top condition. ....Inferior but similar spec and age cars had sold for or been forecourt advertised at circa £7k....trade bids to me were between 4.3k forecourt landed and 4.5k collected........that's over a  50% mark up. I believe the seller was offered nearer £3.5k at p/x. I have nothing to gain from making up these figures.

A quick search of classifieds before typing here returned a number of 2006 3.0d models with asking prices between £5k -£6k trade retail. I very much doubt the trade sellers paid as much as £5250 for same if sourcing them as p/x.

As already indicated the opening post hardly provided stacks of info but still yielded my  constructive reply

If OP wants to  get rid without SOR or a private sale I would take the £5250 from WBAC quickly if it became a  genuine final offer.
Last edited by AW8 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Imy

Post by Imy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 am

Never really understood why people ask forums or facebook how much is my car worth???

The car is worth more to you than it is to a buyer, and its true value will only ever be what someone is prepared to pay for it. Go on AT, Pistonheads etc, check the top and bottom prices for near identical models and then price it at the mid level. Done.

If that is a genuine WBAC quote, and they stick to it or very close to it (which they wont) then i would snap their arm off.